cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity

Gens
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I get rid of Tesla to make the connectivity for my Model Y? It costs $13.99/month.

22 REPLIES 22

Gens

Yeah you’re right. I go to setting to set 5G auto on cellular, 5G icon is showing. Thank you 🙏 

Gens

Yeah, got it . Thanks 

Your phone might not be 5G capable, or you don't have 5G enabled in your device settings. But even if your device can't connect to 5G, you can still get 5G speed on the 4G/LTE network.

@Gens 

honest, 5G or not does not matter, speed is more important.  do you know what speed you got?  did you run a speed test?

and PM does not block hotspot, so, you can set it up for your Tesla

BTW, what phone you have? brand and model?

Gens

Very great 👍 thanks 😊 I will do that.

A few days ago I have already upgraded to 5G 50gb with $34 for your IDEA.😄

Gens

I want to let my Public Mobile be the hotpot for my Tesla so I upgrade my plan to 5G . But the internet icon is still LTE on my phone, is LTE same as 5G?

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Gens - You could also buy a little thing like this - Amazon.ca long string of numbers and letter's wifi hotspot

You can then connect your Tesla to wifi & your phone / any electronics and use a carrier like Public Mobile for service since it has a physical SIM slot.

Highly suggest getting a $34 50GB plan with unlimited data at reduced speeds so then you have premium connectivity at a slower speed after 50GB.

It is also free - other than the plan with PM!

Also you can use your phones hotspot on your Tesla for premium connectivity.

Gens

Thanks 🙏. I think so, eSIM. Tesla 😂

fixin

@Gens wrote:

I only can get Tesla points by referral buying or Demo driving, can’t I?

Only by having another friend / account get a Tesla (Model 3, Y, X, S). Not demo driving it. You can also get 9,000 credits if you get Tesla Power-wall or solar panels. Doesn't currently refer to the new Tesla Model  3 Refresh or the Tesla CyberTruck at the moment.

fixin

@Gens wrote:

I mean if there’s a method to let my Tesla have connectivity over public mobile 

Here is a Reddit article about it: Put in a new sim card : r/TeslaModel3Reddit · r/TeslaModel310+ comments · 2 years ago

Also, the $14 premium connectivity uses Belus (Bell & Telus) towers to have premium connectivity.

Older Model 3's have physical SIM card slots that are hidden (Not entirely user accessible) & newer versions have eSIM only boards that can be swapped to a physical sim board.

Also other countries required Tesla to have a user accessible SIM card slot, but I don't think it applies to Canadian / North American models.

Gens

I only can get Tesla points by referral buying or Demo driving, can’t I?

fixin

@Gens - If you refer another Tesla buyer, you get 7,000 - 10,000 points from the referral! The 1 year of premium connectivity earning with the referral credits are 2,000 points for now!

Gens

I mean if there’s a method to let my Tesla have connectivity over public mobile 

Gens

That’s why people has to pay $13.99/mon.

And Tesla doesn’t have hotpot function.

Gens

Ye,  $63990 miners federal incentive $500

Gens

Absolutely 

Gens

I didn’t know that. But I think it must need a lots referral😅

fixin

@Gens - You can (If you have enough referral credits from Tesla) can get 1 year of Premium Connectivity.

rockymalubay

Yeah honestly sucks how you need to opt into a subscription to fully utilize your 60k car. I don't have a Tesla wish I did tho. Also wish it had Carplay. 

cbPM51
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

But the "standard" costs about what?   $60000$ 

rockymalubay

Tesla Connectivity has nothing to do with Public Mobile.

Tesla connectivity Premium includes this: 

rockymalubay_0-1709855253535.png

If you don't use those then its your choice if you want to get rid of it but this has no relation whatsoever to Public Mobile. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Go for it @Gens 

And can you elaborate what you're writing about, please.

Need Help? Let's chat.