cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Category suggestion

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if an idea for the Community would be to have a category where anybody needing customer assistance can just be a one-post-wonder call out for help and a CSA pm's back with a "Hello username, how may I help you today."

And limit it to just one post per user. No edits. CSA deletes it upon contact allowing a future call out for help from that user.

Because really, nobody likes that stupid chatbot.

It would render the rest of the place pretty much just a social chit chat place but at least it could short-circuit ranters and those that don't want to talk with anybody here and help those that don't want to help customers with any problem solving.

Think of the quick-draw mcgraw copy/paste of "Post in that such and such category". Bam. Solved. Done. The CSA's can do no wrong so every question can be handled by them anyway. Completely pointless to do a repeat answer too.

The little line that says "New to the Community? Here’s how to get started." can simply go to a New Message in that category. No need for all the swell Beginners Guide etc. where we often see added posts being placed by newbs when all they see in front of them is a big Reply button.

And finally maybe even indirectly continue the drop in community reward payouts. The house always wins.

20 REPLIES 20

@ShawnC13 

It makes it harder to search for threads that you can offer help to the OP. It's all general now....before I could open a board and scan the titles of threads that were unsolved or even solved ones if the topic was something that I have "expertise" in like promotions when activating or vouchers and avoid ones that were too technical for example. There's a lot o endless scrolling now....lol...busy work I suppose?!!

@ShawnC13 

It makes it harder to search for threads that you can offer help to the OP. It's all general now....before I could open a board and scan the titles of threads that were unsolved or even solved ones if the topic was something that I have "expertise" in like promotions when activating or vouchers and avoid ones that were too technical for example. There's a lot of endless scrolling now....lol...busy work I suppose?!!

I don't think it is harder really just open the get support section and anything not belonging there will go to the lounge

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

As you see there are three sections now.  I don't think we will see the CSA's meaning members who ask questions in the get support section

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Anonymous 

I imagine this makes it much harder for oracles to search for threads to move to the lounge. It's all one big catch all. Be careful what you wish for....😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

So how about that...I predicted the one category catch-all and the steering away from the beginners thread.

@ShawnC13 

Mañana....

@Anonymous, and @darlicious, it was just a post with some examples and other questions as to when I may have given false information.  Not a big deal

@Anonymous 

😀

Anonymous
Not applicable

🙂

edited.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I would assume he thinks it would not be believed by me. But he forgets that others read things and might be interested in what he has to add. Oh well 4 and 20 to go to the end of the community as we know it.

@ShawnC13 

But why are you allowing our lovable community cynic to censor your thoughts or opinion or sharing your experience. Criticism abounds on the community....you have tougher skin than that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : If any Oracle were to copy/paste or screencap responses from employees then there would be no reason to wonder. If someone types out whatever they like as an interpretation of what they received or missing details or specific wordings then that's where the problem resides. And no one can be the wiser. That's the problem. It's not just you.

@Anonymous I had a long post ready to go but decided not to post.  No matter what info I present as first hand experience I have by testing or answers received from my questions it will never be considered accurate or trustworthy by you.  It isn't that it is coming from an Oracle, it is because it is coming from me. 

The new layout comes out tomorrow and you will have your answer. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : Yeah? Wouldn't you prefer to hear from actual company representatives and not some kind of third hand, filtered messaging from some folks with their over-inflated sense of importance? No different from reading something out in the wilds and going to the source for the facts.

---------------

Just so it's obvious...that post was written with some frustration, snark, sarcasm at the direction this place seems to be headed and perhaps will come to fruition in a couple days.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

The chatbot probably isn't going anywhere.  

This is normal. 

Simon is an important staff in PM.   Simon "wasn't setup to help.. they try to make it difficult to reduce the number of ticket.. so, they don't have to hire too many staff.. Chatbot purpose really is to reflect users to post in Community instead"

who would want to let go such an important staff here  🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

The chatbot probably isn't going anywhere.  When we ask, we are told it is staying. ( I know words from Oracles don't mean anything to z10 as he wants it right from PM)

@softech @Anonymous 

Gee I finally found something I like about Simple--Simon....even he is smart enough to know when a user needs the community and when they need a CSA. It's too bad a certain number of community members can't figure that out.

Well maybe the community changes will even the playing field and just add how to contact customer support as a signature to everyone's posts.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

"have a category where anybody needing customer assistance can just be a one-post-wonder call out for help and a CSA pm's back with a "Hello username, how may I help you today."

the idea is good but I doubt PM likes that.  they don't even want us to just message them .. they want a true ticket for tracking... I am pretty sure they don't want to make open ticket too easy.. they think that would inflat the ticket number..

" nobody likes that stupid chatbot."

Really?  I thought Everybody Loves Raymond Chatbott !!!

honest. Chatbot wasn't setup to help.. they try to make it difficult to reduce the number of ticket.. so, they don't have to hire too many staff.. Chatbot purpose really is to reflect users to post in Community instead

Need Help? Let's chat.