cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel old plan

Kore
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was told public mobile would cancel my old phone plan but if I didn't port my number how will they? I just checked and it's still active. Do I need to contact Bell or public?

8 REPLIES 8

Kore

Well I phoned and cancelled but forgot to change my apple.id info first but oh well. Started the process for that too. 🤣 Can you tell I'm awful at adulting sometimes? Haha. Thanks for everyone's help again!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kore wrote:

I was told public mobile would cancel my old phone plan but if I didn't port my number how will they? I just checked and it's still active. Do I need to contact Bell or public?

@Kore you mentioned Bell and Public, are you porting in or porting out of PM?

With any porting , the usual process is that the old account would be closed once Porting is completed.    of course, if you didn't port, the account won't be closed

so, are you porting into PM or out of PM? we can further advise what to do in case you have issue

@Leanslow wrote:

Try with the public mobile apps I think you can cancel your subscription

There isn't any option to cancel a plan from the app.   While there is an option to disable pre-authorized payments,  that wouldn't solve the number porting issue.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

In the case of porting, the new provider gets the number and the old provider closes the account. Without porting, the new provider has nothing to do. So it's up to you to do whatever you like with the old provider.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kore 

You will have to contact Bell to close your account if you are not porting.

Kore

My new account is pm my old account is Bell. I did not port my number. I want to cancel with Bell. Who cancels me or pm? Again I got a new number, no port

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kore 

If you port your number out of PM to Bell your account here will be closed automatically. If you do not port your number out and you want to close your account call 611 or go into self service and remove autopay. Your account will then automatically close after 90 days from the renewal date.

Leanslow

Try with the public mobile apps I think you can cancel your subscription

Need Help? Let's chat.