Did you mean: 

Blog Post: Unlock the Power of Public Points

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile
The More You Know: Unlock the Power of Public Points

J_PM_0-1697050625605.gif

Introduction

As a subscriber to Public Mobile, you're likely familiar with the variety of unique perks that come with using our service. Among them is the Public Points Rewards program, which is a straightforward and rewarding way to get even more from your subscription. However, not everyone might be aware of how to get the most out of this program. So, here's a guide to help you maximize your Public Points and make every dollar count.

What Are Public Points?

For those who activated their Public Mobile subscriptions after January 25, 2022, or have opted into the Public Points program, this is for you. Public Points make your monthly subscriptions even better by letting you earn points you can use for bill payments, add-ons, and even exclusive contests. The best part? No minimum spend, no expiry dates, and a super simple conversion rate of 1 point to $1.

Getting Started

Once you subscribe to Public Mobile, you're automatically enrolled in the Public Points program. If you're an old subscriber and want to switch from the legacy rewards to Public Points, you can easily do so through the Public Mobile app or My Account online. Within four days, you'll be all set to start earning and redeeming points.

How to Earn Points

Earning points with Public Points is a breeze. Here are some ways you can stack up those points:

One-Time Rewards

• Welcome Present: Earn 5 points when you register for Public Points.
  • Loyalty Perks: Get 1 point for every 30 days you’ve been with Public Mobile and switch from Old Public Rewards to Public Points.

Recurring Rewards

• Points Back: Get 5% back in points for every dollar spent on your subscription or add-ons.
  • Anniversary Points: Earn 10 points every year you stay with Public Mobile.
  • Refer-a-Friend: Get 1 point every 30 days for every active friend you referred to Public Mobile.
  • Give Back: Earn between 1 and 20 points for participating and helping others in the Public Mobile Community.

How to Redeem Your Points

You can use your points for a variety of things like reducing your bill, getting free add-ons, or entering exclusive contests. You can redeem your points through the Public Mobile app or My Account online.

A Few Tips to Maximize Your Public Points

• Pay Your Bills On Time: One of the easiest ways to earn points is by simply paying your bills. So, make it a habit.
  • Refer Friends: Got a buddy who's looking for a new mobile service provider? Refer them to Public Mobile. You'll earn points and they’ll get a $10 credit.
  • Stick Around: The longer you stay, the more you earn. Anniversary points add up
  • Engage with the Community: Help others on the Public Mobile Community to earn 'Give Back' points.

Thinking of Making the Switch

If you're still using Public Mobile's old rewards system, and considering making the switch to Public Points here’s only a few cool facts about Points. Not only will you enjoy more ways to earn, from welcome bonuses to loyalty perks, but the program is also easy to use and flexible. One point equals one dollar, and your points never expire. Transitioning is a breeze, and you'll even get points just for switching. In short, Public Points offers a simple and rewarding experience for every subscriber.

Conclusion

If you've been hesitating to switch to Public Points, now's the perfect time to dive in. With more earning opportunities and a straightforward system where one point equals one dollar, it's never been easier to get the most out of your subscription. Don't miss out on this rewarding experience. Make the switch today and start reaping the benefits immediately! For a complete rundown on Public Points and all its features, click here.

50 REPLIES 50

MelissaRN
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

Yeah it really should be integrated into the app. It doesn't even carry over credentials so I have to log in twice.

anotheran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I get how the point system will get subscribers to stay longer so they can use up their points after it hits the $15 threshold, but at least give us the ability to have it applied automatically so older ppl like grandparents don't need to remember to check every month

MacTuck3r
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Fair!

fastbodin1

I would prefer to stay on the legacy rewards program. I believe the CCTS is getting involved.

G_Pomzz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would prefer to stay with the legacy rewards program. 

MacCherry

awesome thanks for this

MacCherry

yup

MacCherry

right

0utc4st

I was just recently commenting how inefficient and outrageously frustrating it is that they make us use a browser based messenger to reach customer service. There's no reason in this day and age where issues couldn't be handled by emails or direct messaging through an app so you can at least get a notification when somebody replies to you. 

JamJam2

Too bad that Public Mobile is charging more than their competition and still not providing a person to talk to or a kiosk.

Public used to be great but is really going down hill fast.  The corporate Bobs are driving Public Mobile right into the ground as fast as their Telus masters want

JamJam2

More empty promises from the Public Mobile team.  By points that never expire do you really mean " we reserve the right to make your point expire whenever we want.

New points program is a worse version of the Legacy reward program many of us are still on. 

Edon-noods

In the android app, navigate to the rewards tab at the bottom of the screen. If the option isn't immediately available, theres a small plus sign in a grey bubble on the bottom left side of the tab, there you can navigate to rewards and choose the redemption amount that works for you

BilltyLam

How can i use my points for billing payment?

JBBurl2023

I think it’s brilliant that customers can guide other customers. Public mobile can be a challenge to learn. The Community gives people a chance to stay when they otherwise give up. Kinda like having your fave “malll kiosk” person you’d go back to over and over. Now, instead of a cringy “here’s my personal cell” you can use the community.  Like Public “pays” these people in rewards. 
Its an interesting model. 

FFL997599

Deactivated account will lose all rewards status right?

romrumrira

How to know if I am in top 50%? thank you 🙂

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I already answered your question above, a few different ways.

You can click my @Korth and @Korth_ user profiles to see all the badges I've accumulated over the last two years. $1 here, $2 there, maybe $5 or $10 sometimes, even a few of the highest (non-Oracle) rewards on some months. The more active you are in the Community, the more Community rewards you'll get, it all adds up over time.

Snprice

How did you get so many in loyalty and helping others?

Alannah_P

I’m glad to hear the points do add up pretty quickly!

Korth_

I've been around for years (as @Korth until EverSafe locked me out of my own account). So there's Loyalty reward.

I have (intermittently) been very active in the Community. And I frequently (not always) comment only about things that I actually know something about - or so I like to think - so people tend to give me bravos and solutions after all the usual jump-in-there parroted copypasta advice ("contact the CSAs, get the bot to give you a support ticket") failed to score because it blindly twitched a shot at the wrong goal. And I often give out bravos generously so people tend to be inclined to "repay" me with their own bravos, it's basically opportunistic karma.

I used to have many Referrals. Alas, they have basically all fled from Public Mobile over the last few years. The piddly $5 you see on the screenshot is just a leftover - the last of my referrals who apologetically left after hanging on as long as possible because of loyalty to me instead of loyalty to Public Mobile.

I've never volunteered my banking or credit card information to Public Mobile. Those are none of their business and they don't have my consent to know or to use that information - or to ever charge me or sell/trade/profit off my "private" information (even though Telus may think or claim otherwise). I've paid with Payment Vouchers since day one. So no AutoPay reward for me, ever.

It all adds up. It used to actually summarize the all-time total, not just the most recent 24 months, and for me it was approaching about $500 or so (mostly from Referrals) if I recall correctly.

MikeZha1

MikeZha1_0-1703882666721.png

Take a look at this chart

MikeZha1

how do you get so much lol, tips?

GoldFusion

Helpful post for newbie. Does jackpot happen every month or is it random?

Raheel672

Alright thanks

Korth_

Screenshot (96).png

Raheel672

Ok interesting. 

Do you see those rewards separately? Have you received any?

Korth_

@Raheel672 wrote:

So how do you earn points by helping others? 

Short version: You just keep participating in the Community. Public Mobile decides what award you get.

There have been numerous threads over the years about attempts to analyze the parameters and patterns in Public Mobile's secret formula. It's a recurring topic. Nobody outside of Public Mobile really knows exactly how it works. Nobody inside Public Mobile has ever revealed exactly how it works - but they have commented a few times that this lack of detail is intentional, they don't want people to game the system. (And I don't blame them for this attitude because people have used, abused, misused, exploited, and manipulated every other nice thing Public Mobile has offered over the years.)

Raheel672

So how do you earn points by helping others? 

Philup
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

New public mobile here thanks for posting this, really helpful information.

Flyzzard
Good Neighbour / Bon Voisin

Thank you for the information. As a new subscriber I found this article useful. When someone takes the time to consolidate (the points program) into an easy read, it's a bonus for everyone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.