cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody used Zoomer Wireless ?

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Im looking for a plan for a family member. They currently need a new phone and Zoomer offers a Galaxy A52, with 7GB of data and unlimited talk/text. 

I am able to redeem a 100$ referral credit and take advantage of a 10% carp membership discount, so the plan is technically 45$ per month. I did the math, over 24 months the cost is 1080$, If I minus the price at which you can currently get the phone now on sale at Samsung.ca (490$) it brings it to 590$, and if I minus the 100$ credit, its 490$. Over 24 months it comes out to about 20$ a month just for the plan. 

Definitely beats any offer ive come across so far, especially PM. Ive always known that Zoomer is quite good for phone deals but has anyone actually used them ? if so is there anything you have to say ? 

14 REPLIES 14

Billslam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No, they don't provide eSim. 

Billslam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, I am using Zoomer wireless, all running good, they are under Cityfone, means under Rogers networks, the offered deal is really good, compares with other providers.

BearFBI

@darlicious wow and I'm over here dying with 128GB. Pictures use just too much, especially Raw. Lol 

@softech 

There are lots of dual SIM phones available in Canada and since most are international versions I wouldnt say they have less bands at all quite the opposite. You just need to do your research before purchasing but they run the gambit in price from the low $200's to $2000. My 2017 A320 is stil performing quite well even with only 16GB its battery is the only thing really starting to show its age lasting about a day and a half and my pixel 3 can easily get an e-sim plan with mint mobile in the US and has a slew of options in Europe for an e-sim plan when travelling. Just look at the options....

https://www.mi4canada.com/dual-sim-phones/?orderby=price

https://www.newegg.ca/p/pl?d=dual+sim+phones+unlocked

BearFBI

@softech I don't think they do eSIM. No smaller carrier ive come across has done eSIM except for lucky mobile sometimes. Im completely stuck, no dual SIM or eSIM in my phone. If I had dual SIM or eSIM, my data would have been with some other company long time ago.

Check some international eSIM providers. I was looking back in the summer and found some really good value offers paired with PM's 15$ plan. 

@BearFBI 

Yes, I need to find out if Zoomer take eSIM, would be handy on  new phones with eSIM and physical SIM.  If not, will need to find a dual SIM phone but it's not common here.  Plus dual SIM phones tend to have less bands and not connect as well.

BearFBI

@softech Yeah the tablet plans are quite interesting. 

18$ per month for 5GB if you BYOD is the most appealing offer, some existing users get 10$ options with I think 3GB of data. If you pair that with the PM 15$ plan, it makes quite an interesting offer, may be useful for his second line.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I like Zoomer has option for decent mid-level or entry level phone if you are willing to stay for 2 years, around $36-$40 plans.  If you are paying that much, it is not bad, I would say better than PM in this price range.

I knows friends have it, since it is using Rogers network, no issue at all.

It also have Tablet plan for $15 (for 4GB I think) in case anyone interested.

BearFBI

@popping Thanks for your input, good to know.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I know Zoomer since 2014 when I was looking for a mobile provider to replace Mobilicity for my son to use in university campus.  I found a small company called Cityfone which is a reseller on Rogers Network.  Cityfone provides mobile service for lot of partners like RBC, BMO, Sears Canada etc.  Data is still expensive in 2014.  Cityfone charged $40 for 200 CW minutes + 1GB plan.  Cityfone got a new partner C.A.R.P. which a senior advocacy group.  Zoomer Wireless was born and gave subscribers 10% off the Cityfone plan.  I signed up the $36 200 minutes+1GB plan.  Every members in my household were trained by Rogers to live with 150 minutes  + 250MB data plan.  I gradually switched my family to Zoomer.  When PM offered the $120 90 days 120GB plan in 2016, Zoomer gave us the 4GB plan for the same $36 plan.  My family members stay with Zoomer because the huge amount of referral credit in my account.  Over 3 years ago, some family member does not need 4GB data every month.  I started to look around and found PM $10 50/50 plan.  I moved a few members to the PM $10 plan.  Zoomer was cheap for the $36 4GB plan for 3 years ago. My son always over the 4GB every month.  Zoomer 5GB plan was $40.50 per month, I decided to move him to PM $45 5GB plan IIRC.  With the autopay reward, I am paying $43 vs Zoomer $40.5.  I am keeping one number with Zoomer to use up the remaining referral credit.  

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BearFBI wrote:

Im looking for a plan for a family member. They currently need a new phone and Zoomer offers a Galaxy A52, with 7GB of data and unlimited talk/text. 

I am able to redeem a 100$ referral credit and take advantage of a 10% carp membership discount, so the plan is technically 45$ per month. I did the math, over 24 months the cost is 1080$, If I minus the price at which you can currently get the phone now on sale at Samsung.ca (490$) it brings it to 590$, and if I minus the 100$ credit, its 490$. Over 24 months it comes out to about 20$ a month just for the plan. 

Definitely beats any offer ive come across so far, especially PM. Ive always known that Zoomer is quite good for phone deals but has anyone actually used them ? if so is there anything you have to say ? 

honestly, there isn't one network that isn't part of the big networks in this country, I say that knowing freedom is still its own network, but still the majority of other brands are all owned by one of the big three.

BearFBI

@computergeek541 Yeah that definitely is a disadvantage, prepared is kinda nice because its so quick and easy. I didn't know that Rogers actually owned Zoomer, I thought they only used their network. Personally im not a fan of rogers but the family member im looking for is already with rogers and for some annoying reason loves them way too much so that probably wouldn't matter to them. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI 

I don't know anyone with zoomer. They use the Rogers network. I'm guessing freedom isn't an option for your family member because they have great deal on the pixel 6. But there site is all wonky right now to click on the details.

@BearFBI wrote:

Zoomer is owned by Rogers. It's not even that they just use the Rogers network (which they do) - they are Rogers.  Saying that, their plans (as well as plans from Koodo, Fido, and Virgin) are much better than Public Mobile's price plans once you get to about the $40 price range.  Public Mobile has rewards, but unless you've accumulated a bunch of those over time, the competitor (even within Telus brands) plans are often less expensive, offer more data, and also offer faster data.  With Zoomer, you're going to have to be okay with having a postpaid account and have a credit check performed.

Need Help? Let's chat.