Freedom Prepaid Offer...

8 REPLIES 8

ricknos
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

PM still cheaper now lol

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@faytruni 

My friends say dropped calls are a regular problem with Freedom.  I doubt they offer the discounts and free stuff that Public does.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

No comparison as far as coverage is concerned. $5 for the increased coverage is a no-brainer for me. 

That said, with my PM discounts I only pay $34 anyway. Even less if I get community rewards. 

Nationwide Coverage by Area

• Telus Mobility: 28.8% national coverage
  • Bell Mobility: 28.8% national coverage
  • Rogers Wireless: 19.9% national coverage
  • Freedom Mobile: 0.66% national coverage

It is true that Freedom/Shaw has a small network - built onto the original Wind/Freedom Zones - which is greatly outclassed by the Big Three. In terms of ground area, 0.66% of Canada seems like a fair assessment.

But it's a misleading assessment. Because Freedom's coverage "Zones" cover most of Canada's largest core urban areas. Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, along with lesser coverage in surrounding areas and a few other large cities. In terms of population, coverage for about 35% of Canadians seems like a fair assessment.

Some things change. Freedom used to offer the fastest network performance in their coverage areas. Freedom no longer is able to compete vs 5G offerings on the Big Three networks.

And some things never change. Freedom has always offered highly-competitive prices along with consistently better plans and add-on options within their coverage zones. Freedom has always offered poorly-competitive prices along with consistently worse signal and reliability outside their coverage zones.

https://www.comparecellular.ca/freedom-mobile-coverage-maps/

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@faytruni   Coverage is the main shortfall for Freedom, it has improved a lot, but it is still no comparison to a proper Telus-Bell or Rogers network

No problem if you live in urban area and don't go around a lot

Freedom Mobile’s network covers the urban areas of Alberta, British Columbia, and Southern Ontario. Coverage is available outside of those areas through partner networks, but it’s less reliable and generally slower.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@faytruni 

Expect coverage across Canada to not be as good.  (and non-existent in some areas)

However if you're in certain, defined coverage areas the majority of the time, then go for it.

Nationwide Coverage by Area

• Telus Mobility: 28.8% national coverage
  • Bell Mobility: 28.8% national coverage
  • Rogers Wireless: 19.9% national coverage
  • Freedom Mobile: 0.66% national coverage

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

If you are in Freedom coverage, go and sign up with them.

It's very unlikely that Public Mobile is offering the same. If they do, only the marketing team and the higher management (actual PM employees, not your fellow customers here in the community) would know.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @faytruni 

Freedom is a different beast.  Their network is not the same.  If you pay attention, Freedom always have plan with price slightly cheaper.

Need Help? Let's chat.