cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G+ connection for iPhones

Sony16
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I Hi community.

not sure if anyone with iPhones have noticed this but if you upgrade your iOS to the latest 17.4 you now get 5G+ connection. 
 Speed is still throttled down to 250mbps though. 

8 REPLIES 8

Sushi_Combo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Been noticing this for about a week, speeds are capped though but still pretty cool. 

@fixin wrote:

@LitlLdy - Hopefully it'll work you with you! 

But that does suck that Bell only has 1 tower but always has to pass the towers by the government... if they say that they can't get a tower try one of those Cell Phone Boosters that can boost 3G, 4G, and sometimes 5G bands inside a house. Just point it to the Bell tower and you will probably get better service there.

@fixin , issue is that the problem isn’t just inside my home! 😞 We will see what the verdict is. 

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LitlLdy - Hopefully it'll work you with you! 

But that does suck that Bell only has 1 tower but always has to pass the towers by the government... if they say that they can't get a tower try one of those Cell Phone Boosters that can boost 3G, 4G, and sometimes 5G bands inside a house. Just point it to the Bell tower and you will probably get better service there.

@fixin wrote:

@LitlLdy  - Are you in a 5G 3500mhz zone? My iPhone 13 mini is picky whether displaying 5G+ or not. Sometimes when I am in a Standalone location, it doesn't pop up, and when I am far into a Non-Standalone 5G zone, it displays 5G+.

Check this out for wether your phone will (Possibly) say 5G+ (Telus still calls it 5G 3500mhz.) https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/network/coverage-map

@fixin , no I’m not but to be fair there’s no Telus towers where I live and only 1 Bell tower. Rogers has 2 towers here. So you can guess who has a much better signal/service here!

Unfortunately in the past few months (since late last year) the single/service for Public Mobile here has gotten really poor! 1 bar/signal to none at all! Whether it set to 5G Auto, LTE or 3G! Reboot daily, reset network settings and so on. I’ve been experiencing dropped calls, calls not ringing though to me, texts not received or trouble sending them. I did all the troubleshooting I was able to do on my end. It’s not my iPhone 14 Pro. I have full bars/signal with my Rogers service on the same phone! Public Mobile CSA had a tech call and text me to troubleshoot along with resetting my service. He has contacted Bell to see if there’s issues with their tower here. We will see what comes of it.

fixin

@LitlLdy  - Are you in a 5G 3500mhz zone? My iPhone 13 mini is picky whether displaying 5G+ or not. Sometimes when I am in a Standalone location, it doesn't pop up, and when I am far into a Non-Standalone 5G zone, it displays 5G+.

Check this out for wether your phone will (Possibly) say 5G+ (Telus still calls it 5G 3500mhz.) https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/network/coverage-map

@Sony16 wrote:

I Hi community.

not sure if anyone with iPhones have noticed this but if you upgrade your iOS to the latest 17.4 you now get 5G+ connection. 

5G+ at Public Mobile isn't limited to iPhone devices.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Sony16 wrote:

I Hi community.

Spoiler
Mine has the latest iOS update 17.4 but still shows 5G not 5G+ !  That Odd!

fixin

@Sony16 - yes, there is 5G+ in 3500MHZ zone. It is LTE (For calls since PM is VoLTE) & 5G SA for Data.

IMG_6808.jpgIMG_6809.jpg

I did a speed test and it surges to 300mbps.

These are also took on February 22nd when still in Beta.

I did these tests while on 17.4 beta 4 (Pre released software)

It was also in Calgary / Airdrie.

Need Help? Let's chat.