Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seasonal hold

ctate
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I put my phone plan on a hold, when going away for a couple of months

26 REPLIES 26

@Sandeep211  Suspending your account at renewal by not paying or removing autopay means until you wish to reactivate it before 90 days you only pay the plan cost you had at suspension to start your next 30 day cycle.

Sandeep211

But does the plan cost get accumulated every month?

coolgod
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yup still works perfectly. I'm using it again this year.

mrijkse

I see this is still an option, does it work?  I am considering switching to public mobile however, I am away for 3-4 months during the year and will not need access to my phone during that time but would like to hang onto my phone number. 

@geogolem if your friend continues making payments and you miss a payment you forfeit your rewards for the months you are suspended

It will resume afterwards

geogolem
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just to clarify regarding account suspension and tenure.

So if you have accumulated 2 years tenure and are receiving the discount.. and you let your current plan expire so your account enters suspended state but you top up again before the 90 days passes.. you will lose your tenure and your clock starts again when you top up. Do you still keep your referral rewards credits provided that the people you referred have been and still are paying customers when you top up?

----

Another intricate question: 

What if you referred a friend.. and you are receiving the corresponding referral credit... You have no lapses in your account. i.e. you are a continuing customer but the friend you referred allows their account to enter expired state.. but they resume and top up before the 90 days is up... Do you just lose out on the referral credit during those times you renew your account while your friends is in suspended state.. and then resume getting the referral credit upon your friends resumption... or is your referral discontinued in totality?

Remember letting plan into expired status will forfeit tenure rewards.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @coolgod,

After all is said and done, accounts are permanently deleted on the 91st day following plan expiry. Let the preceding inform your decisions regarding auto-pay and other matters.Disable auto-pay if that won't result in the 91st day being reached.
FYI.

coolgod
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone I am a little confused about how the 10 day plan with text only works. So my current 90 day regular plan expires on may 20th. I have autopay on currently. I will be out of the country from may to august. So if I switch to the 10 day plan after my currently plan do I need to turn off autopay then? Like Public mobile won't automatically give me 10 day plans without me paying them for the first 10 day plan right? So as long as I pay them for the first 10 day plan before may20th + 100 days my account will be fine? 

I am sure it will happen. PM can certainly use the additional tools to add for its guests to use

deltatux

@Luddite wrote:

@deltatux While I do agree with you, as I previously posted 10 day with text only = $10 and account expires 100 days after payment. Pay again after, say, 95 days and you get a hold of 2 X 95 = 190 days for $20. This doesn't seem excessively onerous just annoying to remember to make payment on time.

While this method is cheaper, this may be an issue for those who go out of country for months on end and may not have access to the Internet or may forget about renewing their price plans.

I really hope Public Mobile will do it so that all you need to do is pay the base fare to keep the line active even if no services are being used.

@Martin No wonder I was getting headaches; thought it was the stress of being pleasant and uncritical. Onward with tin! Robot Embarassed

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Luddite,

I forgot to mention to you, but your colander's make and model was recently recalled due to a potentially fatal defect.

Wear a tin-foil hat in the interim. This is advice from the Mother Ship.

FYI.

Be still my beating heart! Man Surprised

Even better deal: 202 days for only $20.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

A correction is in order.

With a 10 day plan, one's account expires 101, not 100, days after payment.

FYI.

@deltatux While I do agree with you, as I previously posted 10 day with text only = $10 and account expires 100 days after payment. Pay again after, say, 95 days and you get a hold of 2 X 95 = 190 days for $20. This doesn't seem excessively onerous just annoying to remember to make payment on time.

deltatux

@Mansi_G wrote:

@deltatux wrote:

Couldn't you just do 90 days but with no options at all? Seems to be only $25 for 90 days instead of $45 for 90 days if you do 1 GB for 90 days...

You don't get any service but at least your line will be active no?

Hi @deltatux - This is one of the idea in our Public Lab to keep the line activated without any options. It is currently being evaluated against other projects with our current system capabilities. 

Thanks for the reply @Mansi_G, I was under the impression that the base cost is just to keep the line active. Hopefully this will be amended soon because that's a lot of money just to keep the line active even if you don't use it.

Cheers!

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@deltatux wrote:

Couldn't you just do 90 days but with no options at all? Seems to be only $25 for 90 days instead of $45 for 90 days if you do 1 GB for 90 days...

Hi @deltatux - This is one of the idea in our Public Lab to keep the line activated without any options. It is currently being evaluated against other projects with our current system capabilities. 

NOPE, currently PM policy is that a plan MUST be added to the base to activate an account and retain it for 90 days past the expiry date.

@Mansi_G Hate to say I told you so! Cat Wink No reply required.

deltatux

@makkahn28 Don't think that is the cheapest, rather 10 day with text only = $10 and account expires 100 days after payment. Pay again after, say, 95 days and you get a hold of 2 X 95 = 190 days for $20. That covers the snow birds.

Here's an Alternative:

Choose 90 Day, and Pick 1 Gig Data, Cheapest

Or, Choose 1 Gig Data for 30 Day, and Pay once every 90 Day from time plan is renewed

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ctate wrote:

How do I put my phone plan on a hold, when going away for a couple of months

Public Mobile is a Prepaid Service Provider, there is nothing to Put on Hold.  With Prepaid Service Providers you Pay you have Service & when you don't pay you have no service. It's as simple as that.

FYI: Please Pay with in 120 days from the last time you Paid or else Your account & Telephone Number will be cancelled for ever.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

For a two month hold just don't pay for two months. Your account is stable for 90 days after it first expires. When you return log into your self serve account and pay the FULL cost of your plan and you will be good to go again.

BEWARE: Assuming you have a 30 day plan, if you accidentally go 120 days past your last payment your account AND your phone number will be cancelled.

Closest, Pick 1 Gig Data, for 90 Day, Or, once every 60 days to keep account open

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Currently, PM lacks that option

Need Help? Let's chat.