cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong refer-a-friend code given due to 0 and O confusion

Pondball
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I know others have had this problem but until I saw this elsewhere I hadn't even considered the 0 and O problem to be a problem.

WIth the digits in the code being shown so large I just naturally thought the code included a 0 (zero).

I have taken out a 2nd phone plan today and used my code for that 2nd phone but typed in 0 where a O was clearly intended. 

2 questions.

a) Is there a way of clearing this up?

b) My son will also be joining later tonight (in about an hour or so) and I have given him my code (as a 0, not a O)... so should I alert him that it's really a O (capital O) ... or is it actually just a 0 (zero)

5 REPLIES 5

@Pondball 

Better yet, they could just not use the letter / number combinations which can lead to error in judgment.

Pondball
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

that's what I did for my son who successfully signed up last night and it was already active in my account this morning. 

I have put in a support ticket and they are already working on my error for the other signup I had yesterday morning.

Truthfully I wish there was a way for European 0's and Z's and 7's to appear in things like this - with the slashes through them. It would be so much easier!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Pondball 

On the self-serve page, the referral code displays on the bottom right in one of the rotating pics.

On the one that displays your referral code, there is a "COPY" button below the code.  To prevent any of the letter/number miscues, use that option to copy & send it to a person activating.  Tell them to PASTE the code into the referral field on the activation screen, instead of trying to decipher the number/letter combinations.

HALIMACS_0-1668383730383.png

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Pondball 

This is a common mistake. Just like members with 1 & I and S & 5.

It is an easy fix by the CS_Agent.

Just create a ticket on SIMon on the bottom of page or private message them on the envelope icon above.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

2nd phone customer should contact CSA to straighten this out for you....https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Make sure your son uses proper numbers/letters.

Need Help? Let's chat.