cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi calling

rebecca1990
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just curious if wifi calling is an option with public mobile. Cant seem to find it on my pixel 3

18 REPLIES 18

@prinora wrote:

thank you all. i don't have cell reception where we live and finally got fibre installed. Fongo seems like a good alternate.  I didn't know about the app. 

Another option is to download app called TextNow. It also uses your wifi and calls to/from Cdn and American numbers are free along with free texting. The only downside to all that free...is lotsa advertising.

prinora
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thank you all. i don't have cell reception where we live and finally got fibre installed. Fongo seems like a good alternate.  I didn't know about the app. 

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

@XionBunny wrote:

I ported back in this week so expect to see me around a lot more, this time I plan to stay around I don't see a point in overpaying for data and stuff I don't use much, especially in these times.

Ah the disloyal traitors come crawling back from the browner pastures on the other side of the fence. The greens all here baby!  🙂 🙂 🙂

Happy New Year!

Happy new year to you as well my friend, and what can I say I was lured away for the unlimited data slow data but I never used it much, now that I'm more aware of my usage habits its easier to stay here for cheaper and work with my needs, so I'm loyal now 😛

Anonymous
Not applicable

@XionBunny wrote:

I ported back in this week so expect to see me around a lot more, this time I plan to stay around I don't see a point in overpaying for data and stuff I don't use much, especially in these times.

Ah the disloyal traitors come crawling back from the browner pastures on the other side of the fence. The greens all here baby!  🙂 🙂 🙂

Happy New Year!

XionBunny

@Anonymous wrote:

@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

I've always found it curious as to why mobile phone service providers wouldn't want to embrace WiFi calling as it would take network load off of their systems.

'Cause then people would figure out that they don't even need talk & text and with wifi everywhere, data what with all the voip apps out there.

But yes then you'd be chained to the wifi for the duration a la landlines of yore.

Good to see you hanging around a little here XionBunny.

BasesLoadedWalk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

I've always found it curious as to why mobile phone service providers wouldn't want to embrace WiFi calling as it would take network load off of their systems.

'Cause then people would figure out that they don't even need talk & text and with wifi everywhere, data what with all the voip apps out there.

But yes then you'd be chained to the wifi for the duration a la landlines of yore.

Well, a carrier supporting WiFi Calling or not doesn't block the ability of people using other 3rd party wifi calling apps either way, so I still don't see why that would be a factor.

BasesLoadedWalk

@XionBunny wrote:

@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

I find Voip.ms to be the best, most customizable, and stable VOIP service.

not everyone wants to add an additional cost on top, fongo however is free.

I had no idea Fongo was free...but my Voip.ms is a couple of bucks and month and well worth it to me for all the features it has.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

XionBunny

@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

@XionBunny wrote:

I find fongo to be the most stable of the VoIP services, hell I used it to call the public port team today to fix my port in issue, was nice clear, and stable.

not everyone wants to add an additional cost on top, fongo however is free.

BasesLoadedWalk

BasesLoadedWalk

@XionBunny wrote:

I find fongo to be the most stable of the VoIP services, hell I used it to call the public port team today to fix my port in issue, was nice clear, and stable.

XionBunny

@LurganIeUk wrote:

You can, for free, use Fongo mobile app to send/receive calls over wifi or data. You can receive texts but have to pay for sending them. You can also forward calls from your Fongo number  to your Public Mobile Account.  It is handy for the latter. 

^This

You can, for free, use Fongo mobile app to send/receive calls over wifi or data. You can receive texts but have to pay for sending them. You can also forward calls from your Fongo number  to your Public Mobile Account.  It is handy for the latter. 

XionBunny

@computergeek541 wrote:

@gpixel wrote:

or lucky mobile 👍

Lucky Mobile's implementation is not true Wi-Fi calling, but is rather done through a calling/messaging app. 

And a bad one at that, it's heavily restricted in its use, lacking picture messaging support even.

@gpixel wrote:

or lucky mobile 👍

Lucky Mobile's implementation is not true Wi-Fi calling, but is rather done through a calling/messaging app. 

or lucky mobile 👍

@rebecca1990 

you can download Google Hangouts and Hangouts dialer and use that as wifi calling till they discontinue it 🙁

you can register your actual phone number and your number can be displayed to the recipient

softech
Oracle
Oracle

sorry. .no Wifi calling or VoLTE

Only  first tier  or 2nd tier providers (Rogers, Bell, Telus, Fido, Virgin, Koodo) have this service 😞

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rebecca1990 wrote:

Just curious if wifi calling is an option with public mobile. Cant seem to find it on my pixel 3

PM does not support wifi calling.

Need Help? Let's chat.