cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why I don't receive police alert?

mi60
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I live in Alberta, the police issued a alert this afternoon, all my friends received it on their phone, but I didn't, what could be the reason?

12 REPLIES 12

@mi60 

Under your devices settings, search for 'alerts', or 'emergency alerts'.

These may be under 'more settings', in your notification section. 

Ensure these are set to "ON".

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mi60, you mean to set to LTE?  You have to set the network type to LTE and not HSPA in order to receive those Police Alert, as per @computergeek541.  If you have a Pixel phone, go to "Settings", go to "Network and Internet", tap on the SIM card that should say Public Mobile, and then tap on "Preferred network type" and choose "LTE" which is selected by default anyway.  I had received an Amber Alert fine since being a Public Mobile customer.  

mi60

thank you very much, I have changed the setting.

mi60

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mi60 : Maybe your misread the idea. If you set it to 3G/WCDMA/UMTS/HSPA then you _won't_ get the alerts. It would seem to me you wanted to get them. Or maybe your phone doesn't have LTE. In which case you won't anyway.

mi60

sorry, I mean LTE

@mi60 wrote:

thank you, but how to set to HSPA?

There is a Network Setting option and you have choice or 4G (or LTE) or 3G Only (HSPA/WCDMA)

mi60

thank you, but how to set to HSPA?

@mi60   What brand and model of your phone?

mi60

I never received any

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mi60   Did you ever receive Police alert on this phone before?  For my phone, I don't receive it all the time. I usually receive them but missed once or twice.   But I really never pay attention to it

@mi60 wrote:

I live in Alberta, the police issued a alert this afternoon, all my friends received it on their phone, but I didn't, what could be the reason?

While the alert is active, you would need to be connected to the LTE network.  If you have your phone set to only connect to the HSPA network or if you're currently in a phone call, you will not receive these alerts.

Need Help? Let's chat.