Did you mean: 

when sim card inserted in phone, phone says "no sim card"

streaky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

please explain what I am doing wrong or is the sim card you sent me no good

10 REPLIES 10

shorty1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

did you try to restart your phone with the new sim  card. Also make sure your account is set up properly with auto payment.

Sofiaelisabeth

This happened to me aswell for a full day. I ended up taking it out and putting it back in and then it worked perfectly!

@streaky wrote:

the phone was locked to Rogers, they have removed the lock.  I have replaced the sim card with Publics'.  I have the code from Rogers for the Public sim card.  Nothing so far is working. Looking into a burner phone and pay as I go.

If Rogers has given you an unlock code, they couldn't have possibly unlocked the device for you yet. That has to be done by you by entering the code. Any code that Rogers provided you is for the the phone itself rather than for the sim card. It's just that you need a non-Rogers sim card (the Public Mobile sim card will do) before the phone asks for the unlock code. 

streaky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

the phone was locked to Rogers, they have removed the lock.  I have replaced the sim card with Publics'.  I have the code from Rogers for the Public sim card.  Nothing so far is working. Looking into a burner phone and pay as I go.

adastorm

I would recommend removing the sim tray and using compressed air to blow out the sim slot on your phone, to make sure there is not dust and debris inside. Also double-check that your phone is not locked to a carrier.

@streaky if its an Iphone sync to iTunes
1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@streaky  No sim means your phone can't read the sim.

Make sure the sim card is inserted correctly (and not in the sd card tray) for your phone model.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@streaky wrote:

please explain what I am doing wrong or is the sim card you sent me no good

@streaky  Very rarely do sim cards go bad or don't work. It appears that your device is not detecting the sim card. Remove the card and re-insert it to see if makes a difference. Can you try another sim in that device or try using your PM card in another device?

brettster99

Does the phone you have compatible with PM? @streaky 

Also is your phone potentially locked to a carrier? Have you tried resetting the phone? Do you have another phone to try the SIM in? 

benfatto

Have you activated an account with that SIM?

What is make/model of your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.