cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

was working now not

xuanhuudo1946
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

inserted pm sim and everything was wortking, was not aware that authorization text will be sent on old sim, account of old sim in now closed.  I currtently don't have cell service what should i do?

7 REPLIES 7

@xuanhuudo1946  - that is good you reactivated with fido. 

To get Public Mobile to re-initiate the port from Fido to Public, you can submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@xuanhuudo1946 wrote:

hi thanks for the reply, so i managed to re activate my old fido account they said they never received the port request.  I tried setting up the sim card again but it now says invalid sim.  I am able to call out and text but i am not recieving any calls.  It's been 5 hours since re activating my fido account, i tried rebooting the phone but i still can't get incoming calls.  I'm not sure what i should do at this point as i have already ported the number over but it wansn't accepted by fido.

@xuanhuudo1946   you can call out on your PM SIM but cannot receive any calls?  this is ok.  This is normal if the porting is not completed.  But you should not be getting "Invalid SIM" error.    You got that with your PM SIM or Fido SIM?

There is a number you can call and talk to live person to confirm your porting request.  I will message you the phone number. Please check your Community inbox on the top right.   

xuanhuudo1946
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi thanks for the reply, so i managed to re activate my old fido account they said they never received the port request.  I tried setting up the sim card again but it now says invalid sim.  I am able to call out and text but i am not recieving any calls.  It's been 5 hours since re activating my fido account, i tried rebooting the phone but i still can't get incoming calls.  I'm not sure what i should do at this point as i have already ported the number over but it wansn't accepted by fido.

If porting didn't complete, you'll need to contact the old company to reactivate the old service before trying again, but then again, you'll also need to look into the mentioned possible provisioning issue as your Public Mobile service should be working even if porting failed.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@xuanhuudo1946 

It sounds like you ported your old number over to PM. Once the number is ported over, your old carrier account will automatically close once you replied to the text with YES with the old SIM in the phone.

If you didn’t reply, your old account will still be Active. 
How was your old account closed?

Did you contact your old carrier to close your account before porting over? If so, it will be difficult to get your number back unless it is a Telus or Koodo number.

Try rebooting your phone by holding down the power button then power off and power back on.

If this didn’t work, contact a CS_Agent to look into your activation.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@xuanhuudo1946 

Did you cancel your old account? Or port your phone number in with your account active? Is it post paid? With koodo or telus?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@xuanhuudo1946   Reboot the machine once again

See if the phone  shows if  it connects to PM network or not.  Can you make outgoing calls?

If you can make outgoing calls and just not receiving incoming:  Good, then just porting not completed.  Wait another 30 mins, reboot the phone once agian

If you cannot even make outgoing calls, it is a SIM provisioning issue.  You will need to open ticket with PM Support, then will check on the system and that is an easy fix.  To open ticket: 

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.