cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vouchers at canadian tire?

mimmo
Oracle
Oracle

has anyone been able to buy vouchers at actual canadian tire stores?  we don't have gas bars in my city.  want to try and take advantage of teh shoppers 10% off Canadian tire gift cards if its still available.  

35 REPLIES 35

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there! 

Thank you for your reaching out to us. Can you please send  us a private message along with your phone# and PIN# for assistance. Thank you! 

Ilovecats
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Which Canadian Tire gas bars are you using? I went to Capilano and they said they only take cash & debit and no more gift cards.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ilovecats wrote:

Which Canadian Tire gas bars are you using? I went to Capilano and they said they only take cash & debit and no more gift cards.

I’m in a small town near Barrie Ontario and I’ve never had a problem. I guess you’ll have to try a couple more. 

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:

@Ilovecats wrote:

I’m in a small town near Barrie Ontario and I’ve never had a problem. I guess you’ll have to try a couple more. 

I am in a big town near Barrie Ontario and my local Canadian tire gas bar takes gift cards also.  Having said that a lot of places don't like using company cards to pay for others cards.

Howitzer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've read a lot of (old and dated) posts surrounding RTR (real time reload). I went to CTC Gas Bar yesterday to do RTR with some GC's. Cashier was of course confused, they called their manager and they did manage to get through it in the end.

However, I asked them to do $200 which I thought was the limit. I had already paid with the GC and then when they went onto some other machine and asked for my phone number I was told the limit is actually $100. So then they charged me another $1 to do the second $100 transaction.

I know this thread is from 2 years ago but can anyone confirm the $200 limit has now become $100, or did my cashier choose the wrong option on that other terminal? TIA

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I haven’t done it in so long since Canadiantire gift card deals are hard to come by these days so I stopped doing it. So unfortunately I can’t help you

@Rockdaddy22  @Howitzer 

This info is only supplied by each individual gas bar as to what the maximum payment can be made as each franchisee can set their maximum and minimum amounts.

Howitzer

Perhaps... Has RTR been replaced by "Instant Top-Up"? Hence the $100 limit now?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-in-retail

Instant top-ups are the best way to pay in retail with the flexibility to top-up what you want between $10 to $100 and the simplicity of having it added right to your account without needing a PIN. Simply tell the cashier how much you want topped up and provide them with your phone number. Instant top-ups are currently available at most Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations. Contact your local store for details.

@Howitzer 

Sounds like that is the case....$1 fee is pretty reasonable. If you use a koho card for the top up you'll get 2.5% cashback for pm payments and you can use it to register for autopay for the $2 reward.

Howitzer

I was just wondering what happened to the $200 RTR, of which there are several, albeit old, threads that I found on here mentioning it. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something or that my cashier choose a wrong option in the system to limit me to $100.

I used a CT GC which I got for 7.7% off to pay for my topup, so I agree the $1 (ie 1%) fee is negligible.

Hopefully these posts help anyone who searches for RTR in the future 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.