cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voucher $168

aviana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I want to set up my account and activate my new SIM. Need to buy voucher since I have an intl. credit card. The plan I want to activate costs $168 incl. taxes. Is there a voucher for $200 at all? Or is the max. value $100?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A lot of staff has no clue that their stores sell PM voucher, even though the poster in the shop shows PM voucher available!

The convenience store around the corner from me is listed on Public Mobile voucher location finder. So the other day, needing a top-up, I gave that a try.

He doesn't have those fancy blank vouchers that you take to the till like at my local Shoppers, 7-11 or Canadian Tire store.

When I asked it seemed like I was the first person ever to mention Public Mobile in the store, but, instead of just saying he didn't have them, he did check his "voucher machine".

A bit of head scratching later he told me he had two choices: RTR (real time reload) and PIN. PIN denominations were $10, $22, $28, $48 and $60.

On the receipt it said "powered by nowprepay.ca - so I assume that if a vendor is connected through that company they have access to the offerings from them, which includes PM vouchers.

Moral of the story, assuming that the store is on the vendor list:

If you don't find blank vouchers on display on their gift card rack or with the top-up cards from the other carriers, you a) need to know  exactly what to ask for and b) have a person on the other side of the counter who is willing to "check their voucher machine" or their POS.

pakmode

wrote:

This is the "official" information on vouchers.  There are two types, real time vourcher which allows the selection of an amount up to $200 and fixed amount vouchers.  I have only had one dealing with using a voucher.  When I searched the site for locations, it showed that Canadian Tire gas bars in the area only sold real time vouchers.  When I went to the gas bar, the person at the booth said he only sold fixed amounts, maximum was $48 which is an amount that doesn't even show up on this community post.  It is a bit of a wild, wild, west.  I know that real time vouchers do exist and are the most flexible if only the sellers know how to work the machine. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Real-Time-Payment-Vouchers-are-here/td-...

I had the same experience. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You will need  regular vouchers.

aviana

But how can be a real time voucher booked on my account, when I don't have any account yet. I need the voucher/payment to create the account first.   I am a bit confused  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is the "official" information on vouchers.  There are two types, real time vourcher which allows the selection of an amount up to $200 and fixed amount vouchers.  I have only had one dealing with using a voucher.  When I searched the site for locations, it showed that Canadian Tire gas bars in the area only sold real time vouchers.  When I went to the gas bar, the person at the booth said he only sold fixed amounts, maximum was $48 which is an amount that doesn't even show up on this community post.  It is a bit of a wild, wild, west.  I know that real time vouchers do exist and are the most flexible if only the sellers know how to work the machine. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Real-Time-Payment-Vouchers-are-here/td-...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

She'll and  7-11 are also good places. Make sure you tell them to check their list of voucher retailers on their machines.  Default reaction tends to be sorry we don't have vouchers for public Mobile.

aviana

Thanks! Will go to CT shop and see what I can get there 🙂

matbasm

Hi @aviana,  Not sure of the available voucher amounts, but unless I am mistaken, you only need a voucher in the amount of the actual plan (without the tax).  When you pay for the voucher, they will simply charge you the tax at the store.  Sou if your plan was $150, and tax is 5%, you would get a 150$ voucher, and pay $157.50 for it.

Need Help? Let's chat.