cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail when out of service area

MartyCrapper
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I understand that there is no wifi-calling 😓 but when I am at my cottage, callers are not able to leave a voice mail or hear my message.....is there a work-around?  It definitely limits my ability to use PM 

13 REPLIES 13

@joe1865 did you try reseat the sim card? or try the phone in different area??

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Good noticing the name and looking back softech.

@joe1865- What recording do you get when you dial 611? What all have you done to try to fix it?

joe1865
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yep

@joe1865 is your phone service still down??? 

What makes you ask? Still works for me. Seems to be a problem with the community reward at the moment though.

For sensitivity reasons you might want to remove the end bit. Keep the salacious innuendo though 🙂

Adding - @joe1865 

joe1865
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

is public mobile still a viable company or has the CEO and the secretary ran off with ALL the money and the staff back to Bombay?

@Timer wrote:

@computergeek541 

maybe the tower issue or i think if SIM card changed it's will be help @MartyCrapper  or need to test SIM in other device, in same area to see.

The customer could have lost or completely damaged the phone and SIM card beyond repair and that wouldn't prevent people calling from being able to leave a voice message.

@computergeek541 

maybe the tower issue or i think if SIM card changed it's will be help @MartyCrapper  or need to test SIM in other device, in same area to see.

@Timer wrote:

@MartyCrapper 

tried manually select network 3G only or WCDMA only,,and rebootin device.

Callers should be able to leave messages if the receiving customers has no signal, has the phone off, or even doesn't have the phone in the same location.  Setting the receiving phoen to 3g-only would not suddenly make the voicemail work.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I don't think changing call forwarding without service will work. Maybe I'm wrong. But @MartyCrapper are you at the cottage now?

If not then you can check the call forwarding by dialing *#67# and *#61# and *#62#. They should usually all go to the same number. Likely ending with 4001 but maybe others. Then you would know what is being forwarded where. Then you could try the idea above.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@MartyCrapper , I assume you are unable to establish a cellular connection at the cottage.  In that case, your calls will go to voicemail as the default is to send calls to voicemail if you are unavailable.  If you have access to a number at the cottage, then go into the call forwarding function on your phone dialer app and forward calls to that number when you are unavailable (not connected to cellular network).  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

When you're in town do they leave messages? Check your call forwarding options in your dialer. They might not be set to a valid number. Or check the voicemail access number. Let us know what you have in those areas.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@MartyCrapper 

tried manually select network 3G only or WCDMA only,,and rebootin device.

Need Help? Let's chat.