cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail setup: disable the prompts after your greeting is played

I've set up my voice mail box the way I want it but when someone calls it, they hear my personazlized greeting, but immediately after it, the Public Mobile voicemail system voice comes on and gives further instructions to my callers similar to "if you wish to re-record your message press * or you can hang up", etc. etc.

How do I disable those automated prompts and instructions so that people contacting me don't hear them?

My reasoning for this is simple:  If I've made a personallized greeting, callers already know what to do an I don't beleive there is any further need for the system to automatically add additional instructions, especially ones that I believe are unecessary. Also, once a greeting has finished playing, I believe that callers expect to be able to leave a message, and thus the "beep" should always sound immediately after it.  Otherwise, I find what tends to happen is callers will jump the gun and start speaking before recording actually starts. 

On most cellular voicemail systems, those types of additional instructions provided to the incoming caller can be disabled.  However, I've been through the menus and can't seem to find it.  Anyone know if the option exists and if it does, what it is called in the menus?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for the correction, @daredogg.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

I agree @computergeek541, shorten up the message. I just want a beep, and that's it.

You should post your idea in Public Lab and we can all vote it up.

@srlawren Telus still had the extras at the end of the message, about re-recording, leaving a call-back number, etc. (at least it did when I left last month)

srlawren

@computergeek541 I agree, it would be nice to have the option.  I'm thinking Telus had it when I moved over to PM, but I can't remember for sure.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Thanks.  I know it's a minor thing, but that's just my preference and opinion about it.

srlawren

@computergeek541 I'm not aware of that being an option in the PM voicemail system, unfortunately.  Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong.  You're right that by 2016, most people already know how to leave you a message! 

Need Help? Let's chat.