cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail button on iphone doesn't link to my voicemail

gbautist
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Recently signed up with public mobile.  Voicemail was setup by calling my number directly.  However, when i press the "voicemail" button on my iphone 8 it doesn't transfer to voicemail.  It shows up as an "error".  I can still check voicemail via calling my own number. 

How do i program my iphone "voicemail" button to go to voicemail?

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@gbautist wrote:

Recently signed up with public mobile.  Voicemail was setup by calling my number directly.  However, when i press the "voicemail" button on my iphone 8 it doesn't transfer to voicemail.  It shows up as an "error".  I can still check voicemail via calling my own number. 

Any suggestions?

Restart phone but you proabably already tried that. Network can push the number to your sim card. Moderators can arrange it.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@gbautist wrote:

Any suggestions?

@gbautist ensure your phone is updated with the latest software.

Voice mail features help article for your info.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?category=phones&subcategory=voicemail-features

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @gbautist 

Please review this article for a step by step:

My iPhone 8 Plus Won't Play Voicemail! Here's The Fix. (upphone.com)

Use the link provided in @Dunkman post to determine your particular voicemail number by region.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@gbautist 

Try rebooting your phone. Or network reset of phone.  

If that does not work, try the following suggestion by one of our member Nezgar

On iPhone, dial *5005*86*0123456789# - but replace "0123456789" with the voicemail access number (see next)

You can set any one of the many local access numbers across Canada listed here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

Need Help? Let's chat.