cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usage history

cycj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

First time in the community. Thank you in advance. Hope that you understand my question about usage history : It showed outgoing text date, time and an destination (just 4 digits shown but not known to where). No duration, data usage, type... and no charge. However, the phone would have not been using for text in that period (the owner was sleeping). What possible things were going on?

16 REPLIES 16

rrajnish

You can see the text usage in Public Mobile Account details

cycj

@cycj  the usage history is in Eastern Standard Time. Is it possible that you were in fact awake and sent the message? Or some one else sent it? Thanks. Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. 

@gblackma  I checked the usage history with the history on the device.  It shows the local time but thank you anyways.

cycj

Thank you.

@cycj Let us know if you have questions. We are more than happy to help you here😉

cycj

Thank you for the info.

cycj

will try.  Thank you!

cycj

It's not iPhone but good to know.  Thank you!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@cycj all current plans have unlimited text plans so I wouldn't worry about it unless you have a grandfather plan. you can read more about it in this article

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Monthly-texts-being-used-up-but-I-m-n...

cycj

Good to know.  Thank you.

cycj

Galaxy S8

cycj

Will try.  Thank you!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@cycj Perhaps some of the apps of your phone did that Automatically. Can you check app activity? Phone connects to its servers time to time to have a constant connection and maintenance. 

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cycj Hello if you have an iPhone it’s just connecting with the server have a great day

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@cycj  the usage history is in Eastern Standard Time. Is it possible that you were in fact awake and sent the message? Or some one else sent it? Thanks. Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@cycj  What is the make and model of your phone?

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@cycj wrote:

First time in the community. Thank you in advance. Hope that you understand my question about usage history : It showed outgoing text date, time and an destination (just 4 digits shown but not known to where). No duration, data usage, type... and no charge. However, the phone would have not been using for text in that period (the owner was sleeping). What possible things were going on?

There are several apps that bootleg your text and use them to send information to servers etc. The best thing to do is try to stop permissions on apps that have this function and will send SMS to share info, one of these apps is Facebook, you have to go into settings in the app and turn it off.

Cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.