cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unregistered

Finesse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My friend has just activated his mobile phone number, but the phone card shows that he has not registered on the Internet. What is the reason?

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Finesse did you mean it says it's not registered on the network?  If so: what is the device's make and model?  Did your friend previously use the phone with Rogers/Fido/Chatr and could it have come from outside of Canada originally?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SethPenner
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do you mean that texts and phone calls work, but they aren't able to use their data? If so, I had the same issue when I first registered for Public Mobile. I contacted a Mod and they quickly resolved the issue!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Finesse 

Do you possibly mean your friend hasn't registered for a self- serve account?

If so, they can do do here:

Public Mobile - Register

@Finesse wrote:

My friend has just activated his mobile phone number, but the phone card shows that he has not registered on the Internet. What is the reason?

Phone calls and text messaging work?  I think that this is likely to be an issue with the APN settings on the phone. I would suggest taking a look at this site:  Set up data on an Android phone (publicmobile.ca)

From that link, the settings of are shown:

"Name: Public Mobile

APN: sp.mb.com

MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220"

You may also need to set the APN type to default,mms on some Android devices (if you're using one).

Need Help? Let's chat.