Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gptechman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

11 REPLIES 11

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Is it possible RWC refers to the CSC of your phone's software?

You can check which network you're connected to by dialing *#0011# and looking at serving PLMN. Telus PLMN is 302-220, but this won't tell you whether it's a Bell tower or Telus tower.

gptechman

i have this account since october 31st and i believe i was always connected to a bell tower near me no telus ones in my area.

gptechman

i know 😊

gptechman

you must have used the wrong sim, or you have a dual sim phone and you picked the wrong sim to check: no

Please take the sim out and confirm, or check sim manager: i did but still shows this. i had a E-sim before on this S21 and was running okay. i have the older design public SIM

HI @gptechman 

PM and Telus uses Bell towers, you really shouldn't be connecting to Rogers towers

gptechman

dont know. i have a bell and rogers tower near me im in southern ontario so no dedicated telus towers unless i go towards the GTA Area. but if i was probably connected to a "rogers tower" i wouldn't be able to make outgoing calls.

HI @gptechman 

you were ever able to connect to PM network?

new account?

did you check your sim card and confirm you have PM's?

gptechman

i understand all that but doesnt seem to do anything unfortunately

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@gptechman 

Reboot your phone by powering off then back on and it should show PM.

Each carriers have their own towers for signal to connect to. Telus and Bell will connect with PM. Rogers and Freedom will have their own towers for their members to connect to. Do pullout the SIM to make sure it is not a Rogers SIM and is a PM SIM.

@gptechman wrote:

I have a SIM card that probably makes my phone connect to Rogers towers When I go into service mode *#2263# I see RWC instead of PMC I don't have full high definition calling either or I call family members I get HD logo not HD+ like I had with Bell.

This doensn 't sound right.  Public Mobile customer don't have access to the Rogers network.  Is it possible that there is no Telus signal there and that the phone is connecting to Rogers purely for emergency purposes?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @gptechman 

it won't 

PM sim would not be able to connect to Rogers

you must have used the wrong sim, or you have a dual sim phone and you picked the wrong sim to check

Please take the sim out and confirm, or check sim manager

Need Help? Let's chat.