cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlocking my samsung

GREENLAND
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to unlock my Samsung and can't submit a ticket.  It won't let me click next even after I filled in all the info.

6 REPLIES 6

@Jb456 FYI: PM will unlock phones bought from Telus/Koodo/PM. PM sold phones for a few months after being acquired by Telus.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@GREENLAND In my experience, if you know who the previous provider of the phone is, I would call them. I've called most of them and they are very obliging. Most recently, I unlocked an Iphone SE with Bell; the call took 5 minutes and I had an email within a half hour.

But Samsung chat is definately another option. I've heard conflicting views on it's success and ease of use, but I have also heard it work for many people who were uncomfortable with calling their previous provider.

Good Luck!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@GREENLAND wrote:

I am trying to unlock my Samsung and can't submit a ticket.  It won't let me click next even after I filled in all the info.

Is your Samung locked to the previous carrier?  Then you can either phone the carrier and they are required to give you the unlock code for free, or phone the Samsung help line and they will be able to give you the code to unlock the phone.  PM cannot give you the unlock code for your phone.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile does not Unlock phones.

Since it's a Samsung...

Go to Samsung Canada website and open a live chat with them. They will give you the unlock code

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@GREENLAND  Is your phone locked to a previous provider? If so, you need to get the unlock code from that provider, or directly from Samsung. That is, unless you're referring to a different lock?

Need Help? Let's chat.