cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock my phone

mysterylady
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

8 REPLIES 8

@mysterylady Your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.
If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mysterylady to unlock the phone, go to the source that sold the phone and ask for the unlock code.  It should be free.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Here's an article on how to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up

@mysterylady you either have to contact your previous provider or the manufacturer to get it unlocked. 

@mysterylady wrote:

how do I unlock my phone and activate the phone?  

What type of phone is it and are you sure it is locked?  Anything purchased within the last two years should come unlocked.  If this is a Telus phone and is locked it will work here but if it is from another provider you will need to contact them to have it unlocked.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@mysterylady wrote:

Is this a new phone?

If not who were you with before?

@mysterylady wrote:

You can get ahold of previous cell provider for an unlock code.

If you have a Samsung phone you can call their Customer support for a free unlock code.

mysterylady
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

You need to contact your previous carrier to unlock your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.