cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unintentionally deleted my account

nourmokdad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a public mobile sim card and a koodo sim card.

I wanted to swicth numbers but keep the plans, so online on my koodo account I transferred the number from my public mobile account to my koodo sim. 

Obviously this was a bad idea, but i didnt not realize it at the time.

My public mobile account was completley deleted. I even paid my bill in advance and I don't know what happened to that. What should I do? I have no access to my account, and when I try to re-activate my sim, it says "invalid sim number"

3 REPLIES 3

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

There is a tiny chance you can recover your Koodo number, but it is highly unlikely. The best you can hope for is that the moderators will give you credit for the balance in your account when you activate a NEW Public Mobile SIM.

So, send  a private message to the moderator team with your old PM phone number and an explanation. Given their backlog it may be several days before you have a response. Perhaps, turn on email notification of private messages to see their response as soon as it arrives.

If reactivating PM with a new number is acceptable you might as well order a new SIM while you are waiting to hear from the moderators.

As you have learned, porting out your number closes the account completely. It's the same with every provider.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

unfortuantley thats what happens when you port a number. The account is automatically closed, and the sim is automatically deactivated. There is no way to get the sim working again, you will need a new one. Also seeing as its pre-paid, highly unlikely you will get a refund.

I know with some companys, like koodo they keep the account/self-serve active, but you lose the account # ( I can log into my koodo self-serve from almost a year ago and see my bills, but thats it). You may be out of luck, not sure. Perhaps an orcale or a mod has an idea, but highley unlikely that you'll get the account back

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@nourmokdad, you really painted yourself into a corner.  First of all, you cannot switch numbers without closing the account.  Not even the moderator team can pull off that miracle.  As for the SIM card, it can only be used once.  It is dead now and you will need another one if you want back in this service.  Your number has now been ported out and only you can port it back it.  What I would suggest is that you send a nice, pleasant private message to the moderator team explaining everything that happened and seek some goodwill.  Hopefully, they can meet you part way and help to offset this rather inconvenient and potentially expensive error.  If you have never contact the moderator team, here are a couple of resourceful links on private messaging and contacting the moderators.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating/...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.