cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to activate my card and CSA fails to help

hxmfa7s5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

On October 4, 2022, I attempted to activate my SIM card, but the payment step always returned an error message, so I contacted customer support for assistance.

After a few hours, customer service activated my SIM card, emailed me my new phone number and a temporary password, and gave me only an hour (!) to set up my account.

And, of course, I couldn't respond within an hour because I had other obligations.

So I contacted customer service once more, who then asked for identity verification, which required me to fill out the account number, payment information, and so on.

I never get to see my account number, and I never get to make payments because I don't even have access to my self-service account.

After much back and forth, the CSA still requests verification information that I was never given in the first place.

Ticket number: 256755-629

5 REPLIES 5

hxmfa7s5

Resolved by agent

@hxmfa7s5 wrote:

Thanks. All conversation went through the same support ticket so the ticket itself is my only proof that can prove I'm the account holder. The account was set up by a CSA manually through that same ticket. 

You can tell the CSA when you opened the account, IP address, sim number, phone number, credit card type and partial number, payment date, payment amount, e-mail address, plan detail, name, mailing address, althernate phone number

hxmfa7s5

Thanks. All conversation went through the same support ticket so the ticket itself is my only proof that can prove I'm the account holder. The account was set up by a CSA manually through that same ticket. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How is that a solution when you're already in contact with them?

Do you have services? What recording do you get when you dial 611?

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@hxmfa7s5 wrote:

Hello,

On October 4, 2022, I attempted to activate my SIM card, but the payment step always returned an error message, so I contacted customer support for assistance.

After a few hours, customer service activated my SIM card, emailed me my new phone number and a temporary password, and gave me only an hour (!) to set up my account.

And, of course, I couldn't respond within an hour because I had other obligations.

So I contacted customer service once more, who then asked for identity verification, which required me to fill out the account number, payment information, and so on.

I never get to see my account number, and I never get to make payments because I don't even have access to my self-service account.

After much back and forth, the CSA still requests verification information that I was never given in the first place.

Ticket number: 256755-629

They can't help until you verify.  The account number is only one thing that can be used.  You have to give proof you own the account. Reply to the CSA.

Need Help? Let's chat.