cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

travel to USA

dekeller
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the Canada/US 8G data plan which I believe includes calling and texting between Canada and the US.  We are travelling to US and I just want to ensure we can use the data while down there and that we can call or text from the US to Canada. This is how I understood how the plan works.  Am I limited to the amount of the 8G I use in the US?

Thanks for helping

Debbie

9 REPLIES 9

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is probably why they HAD to get rid of the $60 plan. People would constantly be hopping back and forth between the 60 and 50 plan only when they needed it and sales of the add ons would really suffer.

If the 60 plan is ever offered again grab it while you can and hang onto it.

@dekeller wrote:

Can I even text without an add on?   The plan I have is

• This plan includes: -
  • - 8.5GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US

The plan you have will only work whilst you're in Canada. While in Canada you can call anywhere in Canada or USA. If you go to US, you need the aforementioned add-on for any talk/text or data to work. (I've heard that you might be able to recieve texts but can't send texts)

@dekeller 

@dekeller wrote:

• - 8.5GB at 3G Speed

You can only receive texts while in USA.  You will be unable to send texts without US romaning add on.

dekeller

• - 8.5GB at 3G Speed

Without the 10 Day US Roaming Add-on...you cannot call / text anywhere whilst you're in US. If you have a local sim card and a US plan you might...but not with Public Mobile unless you have the add-on.

dekeller

I have the $50 plan.  Can I at least call and text back to Canada from US?

@dekeller Yes if you have the $60 US plan you do have unlimited calling and texting between the US and Canada and 2gb of roaming data in the US. It's a great plan and no longer available so keep it.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@dekeller wrote:

I have the Canada/US 8G data plan which I believe includes calling and texting between Canada and the US.  We are travelling to US and I just want to ensure we can use the data while down there and that we can call or text from the US to Canada. This is how I understood how the plan works.  Am I limited to the amount of the 8G I use in the US?

Thanks for helping

Debbie

Do you have $50 8.5GB or $60 8.5GB plan? The $50 plan will not work in U.S. unless buying a roaming add-on. The $60 8.5GB plan will work in the U.S. but you can't get that plan unless you got it already.

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

With that plan, you have only 2GB to be use in US.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Updated-Get-8-5-GB-at-3G-speed-2-GB-of-...

Plan details:
$60 for 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text
30-day plan
8 GB of Canada-wide data at 3G speed + 500 MB with AutoPay
Unlimited Canada/US Talk & Text - You could talk and text as much as you like from Canada to the U.S., and vice versa!
Additional 2 GB of US data roaming
International text included in both Canada + U.S.

Need Help? Let's chat.