cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfering number

qlkyla
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I'm having trouble transferring my number from Speakout to PM.  I got the message from Speakout (this services pigging backs on Rogers) saying that they have approved the transfer but I haven't received any messages from PM confirming that the transfer has been done.  I accidently interrupted the process at the point where they ask for an alternate number to receive texts and I can't get back to that page and I don't know if I need to start the process all over ( and if I do I don't know how to get to the page where you start the process...) Thanks for your help! 

10 REPLIES 10

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@qlkyla wrote:

Thanks everyone for all your replies!  I called the phone number and the number has been transferred. Yay!

Awesome! Thanks for updating us on the outcome! Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

HI @qlkyla 

happy that the number we sent you helped

enjoy

@qlkyla  Excellent we happy to hear it and welcome to public mobile 

qlkyla

Thanks everyone for all your replies!  I called the phone number and the number has been transferred. Yay!

HI @Andy85 

OP already got a confirmation text from Speakout saying the port was approved.  AFAIK, Speakout does not send the porting authorization text, they just send the port approved text telling the number will be ported over

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @qlkyla,

There is usually a 90 minute timeframe for you to respond to the confirmation text message. If you missed that window, you'll have to request that the porting process gets reinitiated. You can do this by calling the porting team and explain the issue to them. I will send over their phone number so that you can contact them right away! Keep an eye on your community inbox for their number. (Envelope icon if you are using a desktop). 

If you have any further questions, please let us know!

qlkyla

Thanks!!!!!

qlkyla

Thanks so much!!!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@qlkyla  No worries I’ll send you the porting team phone number private message . And they can re trigger the port request for you 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @qlkyla 

this is normal, even they approve the transfer, it could be another hour or two.  In this hour or two, reboot the phone often and test inbound calls.  If PM rings, then port completed

You can also  call Porting team for update.  I will send you the porting team number, check your Community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.