cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfering existing phone number with public mobile to new account in public mobile

venza
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

struggling with this website created new account with new sim card wanting to use existing phone number from old account with public mobile

7 REPLIES 7

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@venza   Just wondering why you needed to create a new account, if you wanted to use a new sim for some reason with your existing phone number all you had to do was log in to your existing account and update the sim card number to the new one, which would keep your existing phone number.  

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@venza wrote:

struggling with this website created new account with new sim card wanting to use existing phone number from old account with public mobile

@venza , your subject line says “transferring existing phone number with public mobile to new account in public mobile”. You can’t transfer phone numbers from one Public Mobile account to another Public Mobile account. You would need to port out the old Public Mobile phone number to a different phone service provider (which will close that Public Mobile account) then port that phone number in to your new Public Mobile account.

jimmania

yes but if the cc number was not changed in time then its impossible to change without having to start all over again 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@venza 

Clear the cache and go incognito on the website before login to your account and see if that helps. 
If not, you need to submit a ticket on Chatbot.

@Nick271 

Strange, I never had any issues with the app. I recently update my expired CC on the app.

Nick271

The app is causing problems for many. I have an account that never gets reset. Ready to port elsewhere and possibly take the other accounts. Does Public really care? If they did they would respond to previous chats. Willing to give them one more chance please help?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@venza 

You can only activate a new SIM on the PM app to port your old number over to PM.

But if you have an active PM account. It is easier using the app. Click on Account tab at the bottom of the page then to Change SIM Card.

IMG_0196.png

Need Help? Let's chat.