cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfering a phone number

jessamyns
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am trying to port a phone number from Koodo Prepaid to a newly activated PublicMobile SIM card. I have tried creating a ticket but they said I could not do it via chat and gave me phone number to call. I then talked to a member of the porting team via phone and they said I could not do it via phone. Any advice on how to get this accomplished would be appreciated. Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel 

Did you compare PM add ons to Koodo? If I recall, PM is hands down is second to none vs Koodo. 

@jessamyns 

I really don't see a point in switching to PM unless you're wanting take advantage of the rewards. which there really isn't any anymore unless you would like another full time job. Koodo is far Superior than PM and their plans are the same...

@jessamyns   if you are certain your account is Koodo Prepaid and is currently active, submit ticket again and ask them to escalate.  Give them the reference link I posted earlier

However, if yours is a Koodo Postpaid account, then the step would be different.   Make sure you confirm your is a prepaid account.

jessamyns
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Thank you for the response!

This is the link I went to originally, and I submitted a ticket. The CS agent I talked to said he wasn't able to help me and that I needed to submit a new ticket. So I went back to the link and submitted a new ticket from scratch; however, it seems that it keeps being redirected to the same CS agent, who continues to say he can't help me and to submit a NEW ticket.

So apparently I am somehow replying instead of submitting a new ticket, but I don't see any other way to submit a new ticket than going to the initial URL again. Any ideas? Thank you again!

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jessamyns 

Hi you will need a customer service agent for that

you will need to open a ticket, to speak to a customer service agent    Click here or if you are having issues with Simon you can send private message to a CS Agent here:  https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jessamyns wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to port a phone number from Koodo Prepaid to a newly activated PublicMobile SIM card. I have tried creating a ticket but they said I could not do it via chat and gave me phone number to call. I then talked to a member of the porting team via phone and they said I could not do it via phone. Any advice on how to get this accomplished would be appreciated. Thank you!

@jessamyns   

for Koodo Prepaid, you open ticket with PM Support and ask them to help with porting

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

(ref: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection)

So, open  a ticket with this link again:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Rqg6DB

Need Help? Let's chat.