cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer phone number

Lumanti
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello all,

yesterday afternoon i went to telus that was located in my local mall and purchased a sim card for public mobile. i had finished setting up everything but still had my previous sim card (telus) inside my phone. once i was done setting up everything, i took my telus sim card out and switched it to the public mobile sim card but however, it only says SOS and the sim has not been activated yet. it’s been over 5 hours and i’m not sure what to do. my telus sim card is still working (thankfully) but i’m not sure for how much longer. can someone please help me out with the sim card and how to reactivate. i read a few posts and they all say public mobile provides you with a temporary phone number but i was never given that option. i’m stuck because i had already paid for public mobile and im still being charged from telus. and also it will not let me transfer my phone number! ugh this is so frustrating!

1 REPLY 1

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Lumanti hi, did you get the text from Telus confirming the port? That's usually done within 90 minutes. You also only choose a temporary number if you are transferring a prepaid plan. 

All this on done within the public mobile app. If your Telus account is still active that means your transfer failed. 

I will send you a private message with the phone number to call the Telus porting team to redo port.

You might have to contact your provider and ask them to manually approve the port if you cannot get SMS.  Then call the porting team.  Keep the Telus SIM in the phone for the transfer. Also make sure you are using the Telus account number.

Need Help? Let's chat.