13 REPLIES 13

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@quicfk 

Sounds like the porting is aborted. Did you reply to the text with the old SIM in your phone confirming you are porting over to PM? 
You got 90 minutes or it will be aborted.

Just follow all members advice on how to contact a CS_Agent.

@quicfk wrote:

where this number to call 

@quicfk   if it is just a problem with porting, then please check your Community inbox for @esjliv  message for the number

But if the problem is more than porting, the group would not be able to help and you will need to open ticket as advised above.  It is still early in the evening, open a ticket now and likely CS agent can fix it tonight.  If you open lately in the evening, they might not be able to sort it out until tomorrow

@quicfk wrote:

where my number can't call to anywhere

if  you cannot call to anywhere, that is very likely a provisioning issue and you do need the ticket to PM Support to get this resolved.

quicfk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

where my number can't call to anywhere

quicfk

where this number to call 

@quicfk wrote:

where number

There is no phone number for customer support at public mobile.

But if you are talking about the Porting Phone number (for porting issues ONLY), than I sent that to you in your private messages, if you need it. As we are not allowed to post it here in the public forum.

@quicfk again, PM support is all online and you need to use the ticket system to open ticket with PM support and work with them via messaging or live chat

quicfk

where number

@quicfk   PM support is all online, there is no number to call (unless your problem is only a porting in problem.  But if it is just porting in problem, you should be able to connect to PM network and able to make outgoing calls, you just cannot receive incoming calls)

if you have tried what I suggest above but still unable to connect to PM network at all,  Please open ticket with PM support first.  They usually reply within couple hours and they can likely resolved your issue tonight

quicfk

what number to call

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@quicfk 

Does your phone not connecting to PM network at all?

Try to power off the phone for a minute and power on again and see if it works

If not, you can try to put your PM sim card in another phone

Also, what brand and model is your phone?  just want to see if it is a compatible device

If it is compatible and you still see your phone unable to connect to PM network, it could be just a SIM card provisioning issue.  It is a quick fix on the PM side but you will need to open ticket with PM support first.  To open ticket:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@quicfk  - Try:

*turn off your phone, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*perform a reset network settings on your device

*try your SIM card into another compatible phone for a few days to see if the issues are the same...this could rule out a device issue/setting.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.