cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transaction history

GChall
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, New to Public Mobile! Can anybody explain the accounting method of the transaction history? The credit, debit, and balance columns don't make sense to me and I spent my working life in financial institutions!! Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

@darlicious done!!!  and thanks   🙂

(deep in my mind, I was hoping data is cheaper. 🤣😂)

@hTideGnow 

you might have $25 plan, but then they break it into 2 lines ($10 for the base plan and $15 for the data, don't ask why, that's they way they do it) 

There I fixed it for ya......😃

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@GChall wrote:

Hi there, New to Public Mobile! Can anybody explain the accounting method of the transaction history? The credit, debit, and balance columns don't make sense to me and I spent my working life in financial institutions!! Thanks!

@GChall  I agree with you, the detail transaction history is kinda ugly and could be clearer.

The Debit will show what Public Mobile is charging you, and with the current inmarket plans it always shows on two separate line which equals your plan total.

Examples:

• 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk/100 MINUTES d’appel au Canada = $5
  • 30-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours = $10

or

• 30-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours = $10
  • 1GB at 3G Speed/ 1Go à la vitesse 3G = $15

Credit, well that will be any rewards or top ups or credit card automatic payments.

Balance: should equal what is showing in your Available Funds, after all credit and debits completed.

NOTE: nothing in these details show taxes. But the credit card charges WILL show taxes.

Hope that makes sense. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@GChall  first of all, it is 30 days cycle

did you just activated?  you might see something like this

In Sept. 2021, these are the transactions:

CreditDebitBalance

1GB at 3G Speed/3Go à la vitesse 3G

$15.00

$0.00

30-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours

$10.00

$15.00

Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit

$25.00

$25.00

It kind of read backward.

from bottom

line 1: you deposit $25 for activation  , the last column tell you how much in the account (Balance), $25

you might have $25 plan, but then they break it into 2 lines ($15 $10 for the base plan and $10 $15 for the data, don't ask why, that's they way they do it)   

(update.. thanks @darlicious for the correction!!)

line 2:  30 day plan $10.. so, they took it from the account, left with $15 (far right columen)

line 3:   for the 1GB from your plan, , they took $15  out from your account, left with $0

Now , transaction completed, .. you paid.. and you have $0 left on the account .. and you enjoying your service  🙂

GChall
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not what I was asking about, but thanks for the reply.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@GChall wrote:

@GChall 

The columns would make more sense if you picture them in this order:

Credit - Balance - Debit

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GChall 

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service not monthly and No fees extra charges,

and the transaction history is not showing Tax, you will see the Tax at your credit card.

Need Help? Let's chat.