cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

three days without service

markch
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After transfering in a number from koodo, I have been with  no service for three days. ( can't make/receive call, and no internet connection).  I have sent a couple private msg to moderator.

very frustrated.  what shall I do now?  please help.

16 REPLIES 16

@markch, call the CCTS as I've described above.  If the Moderators are not following up with you, that is your best chance of getting it fixed.

markch

No msg from moderator .this is the fouth day with no service. Surprisingly bad service. Never have something like this from any provider.

Have to find another provider and port out this weekend.

@markch, if you're not getting a response from the Moderator_Team, then you have the option to complain to the CCTS.  1-888-221-1687 is the phone number.  Your complaint is you've paid for service, but they haven't fixed a service issue preventing you from using your service fully.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dna2016 

• APN only fixes no data and mms issues. it has nothing to do with making or sending calls. 
  • Failed ports typically allow outgoing calls , and sms, and data but do not allow incoming sms or calls

@dna2016 wrote:

@markch sorry to hear that, this is absolutely not acceptable.  Definitely not the way to introduce a new client to a great service provider.  It could possibly be your APN settings, suggest you google Public Mobile APN settings and check to see if your phone has the same information, if not then change it to what you see online and then something will most likely work.  If your APN settings are all correct then unfortunately all you can do is wait for a moderator to get to you, could possibly be a porting issue if you ported your number from another company, maybe check if your previous provider service is still working.

If you've tried all of the above and it is for sure PM's fault why you're not getting service I'd definitely ask for compensation for the time you had already paid for the service and did not have any service (see what happens)

markch

Everything works well before porting in.  so APN setting ,etc shall not be the problem.

After porting in the number, I lost the service.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@markch sorry to hear that, this is absolutely not acceptable.  Definitely not the way to introduce a new client to a great service provider.  It could possibly be your APN settings, suggest you google Public Mobile APN settings and check to see if your phone has the same information, if not then change it to what you see online and then something will most likely work.  If your APN settings are all correct then unfortunately all you can do is wait for a moderator to get to you, could possibly be a porting issue if you ported your number from another company, maybe check if your previous provider service is still working.

If you've tried all of the above and it is for sure PM's fault why you're not getting service I'd definitely ask for compensation for the time you had already paid for the service and did not have any service (see what happens)

markch

But It has been three days without service. and I am paying for the service everyday.

markch

the old Koodo sim doesn't work. and have got an cancel email from koodo.

@markch help in what way? I don't think the wireless consumer code states anything about support being timely.

markch

Will making a complaint to CRTC  help ?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@markch  not being able to make calls and havng a comptible phone(koodo) implies you had an activation/provisioning issue. 

did the port complete ( ie was your koodo sim deativated) ? if not you could use your old koodo sim.

the below are shots in the dark:

• try manual network search and sleect public mobile 
  • try toggling the lost stolen mode for 5 minutes (login ->plans ->lost stolen -> report stolen

unfortunatly its a waiting game with the mods.

markch

Account Status: Active

@markch wrote:

yes. a unlocked iphone .

Can you check in your self-serve account if it shows as ACTIVE?

markch

yes. a unlocked iphone .

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@markch wrote:

After transfering in a number from koodo, I have been with  no service for three days. ( can't make/receive call, and no internet connection).  I have sent a couple private msg to moderator.

very frustrated.  what shall I do now?  please help.

Is your phone unlocked and compatible with public mobile?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@markch there is nothing you can do except to wait.. the moderator_team will get to you eventually... just to double check you have checked your messages via the envelope icon on the top right hand corner of the page right?
Need Help? Let's chat.