cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

texting failure

benmatematiko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I started as a client of public a month ago. I have the $25/month [plus taxes] plan. I cannot either send or receive text messages since day 1. I still don't have an answer about what's going on or whom to contact or a telephone number for customer services to resolve this problem. Even if I try the codes for further communication with this company are sent via text messages so I have no clue anymore...like kafka  .please help!

4 REPLIES 4

@benmatematiko 

If the above suggestions don't help, 

A few basic things to try:

1. Reboot phone

2. Network reset

3. Toggle airplane mode on, then off.  

Hi @esjliv 

Re the suggestion:

"Have you tried your SIM into another compatible Public Mobile phone (to rule out a phone issue?)."

That's a good idea.  If texting works when they use their PM SIM in another phone, then it's likely an issue with settings on their original phone.  

To be certain, @benmatematiko , if someone else in your home/vicinity can allow you to put THEIR SIM card into your phone, try to see if you can then send/receive a text using your phone on their cell service. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @benmatematiko , well, that is not good, is it!? Sorry to hear that.

Have you tried your SIM into another compatible Public Mobile phone (to rule out a phone issue?).

If still issues with another compatible phone than have the moderators check the provisioning of your account.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@benmatematiko : Can you call in/out? Internet? Can you try a different texting app?

But you'll likely have to contact the moderators by clicking on the quote/chat bubble down in the lower right of this window and muddle your through the stupid chatbot to submit a ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.