cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text messaging MMS data usage

Alexxja
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can someone please confirm whether MMS uses my allowed data? I only have 250MB and keep my data off to save it for when I need it, but to send or receive photos/videos and longer texts, I need to connect to data. I'm always worried this will use up all of it so opt for web-based chat services when on wifi instead. 

Thanks for your help!

7 REPLIES 7

@Alexxja 

MMS texts go thru a separate server to the server that meters plan or add on data. This is why you only need your mobile data toggled on to send and recieve MMS.

Alexxja
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Excellent, thank you!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Alexxja 

if you're an iPhone user iMessages uses data

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alexxja 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet Wi-Fi is on is not going through the Picture or a video messaging, 

you have to do this to going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video messaging in world-wide,

Data is on when you needed not used Turn off to save your data.

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.

when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You need to enable data to use MMS text messages but it does not count towards your data usage.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Alexxja wrote:

Can someone please confirm whether MMS uses my allowed data? I only have 250MB and keep my data off to save it for when I need it, but to send or receive photos/videos and longer texts, I need to connect to data. I'm always worried this will use up all of it so opt for web-based chat services when on wifi instead. 

Thanks for your help!

@Alexxja 

To use MMS, the data switch needs to be on (or use wifi) but no data will be deducted from your plan allotment.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Alexxja 

MMS texts will be tracked under data usage, but it will not count against your data allotment.  It has been confirmed by others on the community.  

Need Help? Let's chat.