cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suspended account

cdevantier1954
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I still use my phone?

My credit card expires in February 2022. I have not received the replacement card yet so I cannot update my account information for autopay. I will do it as soon as the card arrives. 

I have never had a suspended account so I am not sure what that means for using my phone now.

7 REPLIES 7

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@cdevantier1954 

don't worry about it you can add money to your Available funds:$$

I doubt cdevantier1954 is worry.  It has been over 12 hours.

Plus.  How your reply related with the question asked? ?

Maybe I am old.  Your answer made me more confused. 

Sometimes, better shut up than jam in your voice if you don't know

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cdevantier1954 

don't worry about it you can add money to your Available funds:$$

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

• Click on Payment
  • Make a Payment
  • one Time Payment 
  • Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )
  • you will do manually enter Amount:$$ and how much your plan cost you can put it in advance 
  • Click ‘Submit’,
  • and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$$ has the amount left, and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@cdevantier1954

You can always make an extra top up payment now that will cover your next renewal or two You still earn your autopay rewards with a expired card. Add the new card when you are ready.

@softech 

Nobody seems to be working to do that. I am unsure whose responsibility it is to take over @J_PM 's duties while she is away but it seems like pretty poor planning on pm managements side to launch an entirely new community forum that had the bare minimum of beta testing performed with little or no regard to implementing any feedback they did recieve and have no one representing pm liaisoning with the community to ensure customer support levels are maintained to a reasonable standard. 

This is problematic just in its own. But slam both customer support and the community with a nonfunctioning but highly touted Chatbot ticket chucker and a colossal autopay fake out failure with no announcement, nary any second hand info passed onto the oracles to at least inform the regulars and unlike the old forum where an unofficial announcement  thread could at least be kept front and center on the landing page by replies to alert those signing in with their common issue that it was a glitch for most instead of separate threads with the exact same problem flooding the community like an atmospheric river hitting a BC flood plain.

And for good measure let's have a few members continue to post on every thread several times over how to erroneously contact customer support thru Simple--simon at the moment and then send every customer to use private messages in order to ask the CSA's to also solve issues including neighbour's not wearing masks, barista coffee order errors, messy roommates and vaccine booster appointnents.

Wow what a wacky week it was.....wait.....we will wake Wednesday wishing we were wondering when will we wash away a woefully weak website.......won't we....?   we won't?  ...why?!  why?!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cdevantier1954   no worry.  Credit card expirying in  Feb could be used till the end of Feb.  You have lots of time

Many received a false alarm today.  Important thing is, do you still have your service?  If the phone is working , calls and data both work fine, just ignore it.  If you want to be 100% sure, login to My Account, confirm your Account Status still Active.  It will also show you your next payment date.

But since quiet some number of subscribers got this by mistake, PM should post an announcement thread to apolozie , i think

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cdevantier1954 wrote:

Can I still use my phone?

My credit card expires in February 2022. I have not received the replacement card yet so I cannot update my account information for autopay. I will do it as soon as the card arrives. 

I have never had a suspended account so I am not sure what that means for using my phone now.

@cdevantier1954  - you can use your phone as long as payments are made.

If everything is working, then you are good to continue to use your phone.

You can always call 611 to check the status of your account as well at any time.

When you new card comes in, log into your Self Serve account, and navigate to the PAYMENT tab, then go to the bottom, left corner and update your credit card.

esjliv_0-1619383071783.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cdevantier1954 : If you're talking about an email from here earlier then it's a false alarm. It was sent in error. If your services are working then just ignore it.

Need Help? Let's chat.