cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

submit a ticket

Alexah71
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having trouble submitting a ticket.  I have two lines, thus two separate accounts. I have a ticket submitted regarding a loss of service for two both phones, the agent asked me to submit a ticket for the second line as well,

and when I attempt to submit it, the bot tells me I need to visit Community.  Am I missing something?

14 REPLIES 14

@Tapper22 

try open ticket by messaging them 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Tapper22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried this but it didn’t work for the self serve account. Don’t know why. 

@will13am wrote:

This is the help article and the descriptions for each of the 2 ways to seek support.  While the private message method might seem faster because a private message will be sent right away, it is not the faster method to problem resolution because what follows that initial private message is a series of follow up messages that transfers literally everything that would have been gathered in the ticketing system to the CSA team before they can start to work on a problem.  I don't know how exchanges of private messages is faster than providing data through the ticketing system.  Not to say that the ticketing system is sweetness and light, there are rough edges.  Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater which is what this debate is about.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/get-support

Going direct to private messages is supposed to be a backup plan and was never realy meant to give the customer two optinos.  SIMon is essentially mandatory for opening a ticket or at least is supposed to be.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@will13am wrote:

You do realize that the ticketing system can be more efficient due to the fact that all the authentication and information gathering is all done at once.  Sending a private message will invariably involve more back and forth covering authentication before any action is taken.  Pay now or pay later.  In this particular case, the confusion was about the community account and the self serve account.  It was a good opportunity to pass on the knowledge base.

TBH,   From what I remember, the private messaging option didn't seem any less efficient and the verification was simple enough and could done by verifying the account or telephone number, although I haven't needed to ask for customer support recently. 

Sorry, but I don't see any issues to suggest that a customer contact support via private message as long as PM keeps that as a viable option themselves.  

In my opinion, part of the issue is Public Mobile even mentioning both methods in that help article. If chatbot is the way, there shouldn't ben any refereences in the help articles about sending a CSA private messages.  The option really should just be disabled, with customers doing this receiving an automatic prompt that SIMon must be used. I do realize that SIMon does need to be fixed and there must be (or should be) a way to immediately open a ticket, but this "two way" stuff that Public Mobile themselves have stated adds to the problem.

I hate the chatbot just as much as others, but going through the chatbot is extemely important when opening a ticket.  Customers who go the private message route automatically go to the back of the line and will receive much slower service.

Also, there are privacy issues that aren't entirely the fault of the either the customers or CSAs.  Too often customers (and sometimes CSAs) don't realize that a message is being posted in the forum instead of through private messages.  The input boxes to type in the message looks much too similar.  It's best to avoid interaction about presonal and account iniformation as much as possible.  As mentioned, the need to authenticate afterwards also adds an additional unnecessary delay before the customer receive assistance.

This is the help article and the descriptions for each of the 2 ways to seek support.  While the private message method might seem faster because a private message will be sent right away, it is not the faster method to problem resolution because what follows that initial private message is a series of follow up messages that transfers literally everything that would have been gathered in the ticketing system to the CSA team before they can start to work on a problem.  I don't know how exchanges of private messages is faster than providing data through the ticketing system.  Not to say that the ticketing system is sweetness and light, there are rough edges.  Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater which is what this debate is about.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/get-support

@dabr wrote:

@will13am wrote:

You do realize that the ticketing system can be more efficient due to the fact that all the authentication and information gathering is all done at once.  Sending a private message will invariably involve more back and forth covering authentication before any action is taken.  Pay now or pay later.  In this particular case, the confusion was about the community account and the self serve account.  It was a good opportunity to pass on the knowledge base.

TBH,   From what I remember, the private messaging option didn't seem any less efficient and the verification was simple enough and could done by verifying the account or telephone number, although I haven't needed to ask for customer support recently. 

Sorry, but I don't see any issues to suggest that a customer contact support via private message as long as PM keeps that as a viable option themselves.  

In my opinion, part of the issue is Public Mobile even mentioning both methods in that help article. If chatbot is the way, there shouldn't ben any refereences in the help articles about sending a CSA private messages.  The option really should just be disabled, with customers doing this receiving an automatic prompt that SIMon must be used. I do realize that SIMon does need to be fixed and there must be (or should be) a way to immediately open a ticket, but this "two way" stuff that Public Mobile themselves have stated adds to the problem.

I hate the chatbot just as much as others, but going through the chatbot is extemely important when opening a ticket.  Customers who go the private message route automatically go to the back of the line and will receive much slower service.

Also, there are privacy issues that aren't entirely the fault of the either the customers or CSAs.  Too often customers (and sometimes CSAs) don't realize that a message is being posted in the forum instead of through private messages.  The input boxes to type in the message looks much too similar.  It's best to avoid interaction about presonal and account iniformation as much as possible.  As mentioned, the need to authenticate afterwards also adds an additional unnecessary delay before the customer receive assistance.

"I'm having trouble submitting a ticket."

@will13am   OP wrote the above line, so based on that I prefer to advise the private message option so that they don't spend anymore time than necessary to contact support. 

I guess, we'll agree to disagree.

@dabr wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I have to disagree with you.  You provide a private message link to a customer seeking help and you expect perfect communications where all the necessary information will be conveyed in a single private message to the CSA?  Trust me I am not a fan of the bot, but I respect that the ticketing system provides prompts to gather the necessary information.  When the CSAs get consistent inputs, they complete the task more accurately and efficiently without the need to ask for more information.  

@will13am wrote:

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Even though you have 'two lines' they are treated as two separate accounts each having unique email.

Thus you have to submit two tickets.

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

@will13am   Yes, of course, usually my first recommendation would be to submit a ticket, but if a customer is having issues or there is confusion about the ticketing, then I think it's perfectly okay to use the private message option.  I don't think customers should have to waste their time longer than needed to get support either way.

@dabr wrote:

@Alexah71    Not sure why the chatbot would advise that.  Can you not respond to the ticket you have sent? 

Otherwise send a private message instead regarding the second line to CS_Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

edited to correct link.

We should not counsel members to bypass the ticketing system unless absolutely necessary.  The chatbot and the private messaging system are part of the community and thus the community involvement in starting the ticketing process and use of the private messages to communicate with the CSAs in progressing the support ticket.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Alexah71 , the ticketing system is rather confusing in that both a community account and a self serve account is involved.  You can use a single community account to submit tickets against any self serve account that you own.  In the ticketing process you have to provide the login credentials for both the community account and the self serve account.  I hope this clarifies things.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Alexah71    Not sure why the chatbot would advise that.  Can you not respond to the ticket you have sent? 

Otherwise send a private message instead regarding the second line to CS_Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

edited to correct link.

Need Help? Let's chat.