cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange things in plan usage

derekc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I went on-line to find some other information but got distracted by something in plan usage. There was a huge list of outgoing SMSs, most going to 7723, none of which I sent. Also on Jan 18 there were 3 calls to 1(778) 581-4001, none of which I made.

I suspect this has been going on for some time. Probably in early November, possibly in September, I had to stop sending texts to my wife, who was with her daughter in California, because I got a message saying that almost all my allowed texts had been used.

My prior experience with public mobile had been that it was virtually impossible to get any information but it seems that it is now possible so I am sending this.

What are the spurious texts and phone calls about?

4 REPLIES 4

derekc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Halimacs

Thanks for the link and other information. I bookmarked it for when I have time to try to deal with it.

I have a Coolpad flip phone so I doubt that it has any settings for vvm or any way to stop a ping from being sent when I turn on the phone. I suppose the only solution is to never turn it off, unless the pings can be disabled in the PM system. I am sure that I disabled voice mail years ago. I only give my cell number to people I know personally so any other call is spam. I used to occasionally look up the numbers used by spammers but the numbers all seemed to be spoofed. I do not know what is meant by RCS and MMS.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@derekc   no worry, those are explainable

7723 is is the dialerapp doing something in the background, particularly when the phone was rebooted.

for the number to  1(778) 581-4001, it is voicemail

When someone called you and you missed it, the calls got routed to VM and you will see that number on your usage

or when you call VM to check , it will show up on your usage history as well

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@derekc  do this when ever you log into account for most up to date account info 

simply try refreshing the page when logged in

Handy1_0-1674501887428.png

For most up to date account info

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@derekc 

The texts are likely as a result of an RCS system with the device communicating through MMS.

Check out this discussion on texts to 7723, there’s some great discussion and information in here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Reoccurring-Automatic-Outgoing-Text-Messa...

The calls which end in 4001 are calls received to the device which are being redirected to public mobile’s voicemail system.  They display as outgoing calls, but do not count toward a plans, outgoing calling minute allotment.

Need Help? Let's chat.