cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simcard

ndscrablady
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have everything done to active my phone my payment has come out but now my sim card says not activated... help

3 REPLIES 3

aridShrub
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would first try to login to the publicmobile.ca web site to check your account status, if they have charged your account, you should be able to see this from the web site. Login with your email address and password.

You can try to "change your SIM" card [Plans and add-ons -> change SIM card] ; or suspend and resume service [Plans and add-ons -> Lost/Stolen phone]. I seriously doubt either of these will work.

So you are left with begging a moderator for help; send them a message and include all the information about your account, and if it is a number port, include the relevant information as well; account number, IMEI of the device, SIM number, email, phone number, backup number, give them a table with all this stuff so they have it. I have been told to expect 72 hours wait time before you will get a reply from a moderator.

If you paid by credit card, in Canada you will have to wait 15 days to dispute the charge. You can call the credit card company right away and they will attach a comment to your file.

I have been told that Public Mobile has only 15 employees to service all of Canada with these issues, and perhaps they make you wait intentionally. PM is owned by Telus, they want you to "appreciate" the "fine customer service" of their flagship brand, and as customers, we are being punished for trying to save money with their lower cost subsidiary. 

Please post a follow-up and let people know how long you had to wait to get help. 

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Please contact moderators

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Did you create self serve account?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@ndscrabladyDid you activate with a credit card? Can you check if you got charged? If not wait for another hour, the system will clear your SIM card and let you try again.

Try putting in your SIM card to see if you get service. If not, you will have to contact the moderators. If you can use the card, then go to selfserve and setup your online account access and see if that works.

Need Help? Let's chat.