cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card

gcaruana
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I migrated from Rogers yesterday. Purchased a sim chip from Telus on Saturday. Public mobile chip is in my samsung phone. It is asking for a PUK code. I have been trying with Rogers for this. I sent in a couple of tickets to Public Mobile yesterday. No updates no email from them. Even though they have my number. I cannot call or text. I need a number to call. I am not sure if this sim card works. be nice to get some feedback

11 REPLIES 11

@gcaruana wrote:

thankyou. Rogers tried to unlock but their code did not work. they have to go to samsung to get some kind of master code. strange they went to the trouble of locking but no solution to unlock it. Not cool

The code did not work because Rogers would have given you the SIM network unlock PIN. That's the unlock code for your phone. However, your phone was asking for the SIM netework unllock PUK.  This means that the SIM network unlock PIN was guessed incorrectly a few times. You now need both of those codes.  

@gcaruana   Haha, it's not a porting issue, it is a device lock issue  🙂

yes, it's a PUK db they need to lookup.  It's a Canadian model and Samsung Canada an help.  But if it is an international variant, usually Samsung Canada would not help and it will be a big trouble

So, your phone is now working on PM without issue?

gcaruana

i called samsung. they had my porting issue fixed in 5 minutes. Older phone. suprised that they support a device that far back

@gcaruana   Yes, some how Samsung impose another master lock.

So , you are all set now? If you still need to call Samsung yourself, it's  1-800-726-7864

gcaruana

thankyou. Rogers tried to unlock but their code did not work. they have to go to samsung to get some kind of master code. strange they went to the trouble of locking but no solution to unlock it. Not cool

@gcaruana when did you buy your phone?

Yes, it is illegal to lock the phone without giving you the unlock code.  But again, the phone could locked it by mistakes or some system glitches.  As long as they give you back the unlock code, they are not breaking any law

So, call Rogers and ask for the unlock code

gcaruana

I would think that would be illegal in this day and age. I thought crtc changed this to prevent phone companies from making it a problem moving their phones and numbers

@gcaruana 

Your phone is still locked to Rogers.

gcaruana

it is just aking for Sim network unlock PUK

@gcaruana 

In addition to the above, the SIM Network Unlock PIN and SIM network unlock PUK are two different codes. A phone asking for the SIM network unlock PUK means that you would need the SiM network unlock PIN too.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@gcaruana wrote:

I migrated from Rogers yesterday. Purchased a sim chip from Telus on Saturday. Public mobile chip is in my samsung phone. It is asking for a PUK code. I have been trying with Rogers for this. I sent in a couple of tickets to Public Mobile yesterday. No updates no email from them. Even though they have my number. I cannot call or text. I need a number to call. I am not sure if this sim card works. be nice to get some feedback

@gcaruana 

What PUK error was that?  There are a different kinds, very likely it is a Carrier lock PUK, which you need to cell Rogers for unlock code , or a Samsung own master lock PUK, which you need to call Samsung.

If it is a Samsung and if the message is "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." 

call  Samsung 1-800-726-7864, The only info you will need to provide for a master unlock was the IMEI and where the phone was purchased

If the message is “PIN unlock key (PUK)” or "Enter PUK Your SIM cannot be accessed",

open a ticket with PM Support using this direct link:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

If the message is "SIM network unlock PIN"

You have to ask the carrier where you got the phone from for the carrier unlock code. (PM would not be able to help with this) 

Let us know what exact error was that and we can advise further

Need Help? Let's chat.