cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card

jimbodom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a PB sim card last week at Walmart to set up account for my grandaughter,when i tried to register it keeps saying invalid sim.Help.

Thanks

Jim

10 REPLIES 10

Jadebug
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had this problem too, but purchased my SIM from the Mobile Shop. 

I ended up contacting the location where I bought the SIM, explained my situation, and they were willing to exhange the SIM without much hassle.

Hope that helps, good luck.

dhayer430

Close all the browser windows where you were working on activating your account and you have to wait for 50 mins before you can resume the process again.

I just went through this issue like 40 mins ago.

jotsang

@jimbodom wrote:

I purchased a PB sim card last week at Walmart to set up account for my grandaughter,when i tried to register it keeps saying invalid sim.Help.

Thanks

Jim

Try inserting the SIM into your phone, power it up and check in case your SIM is already activiated and connect to Public Mobile network. If not, you can try SIM activation again in a new Incognito window using Chrome.

jimbodom

yes

thanks

jim

jimbodom

tried,no account

thanks

jim

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@jimbodom wrote:

Thanks

Jim

Wait an hour or two, clear browser cache and then try again.

Did you ever enter payment info?  If you did, check to see if you were charged.

If activation failed part way, moderators can fix that.

If Walmart sold a sim by mistake that they already activated, you will need new sim card.

ooakosiryan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jimbodom I think there's a chance the activation was successful, but now that you're re-submitting the activation form the sim is coming up invalid (because it's already activated).

Can you try logging in? Click on "My Account" in the top right, then enter the email and password you created during activation and see if you're able to log in. If so, you're already activated. If not, contact the mods as @lukealex121 suggested.

Good luck!

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jimbodom wrote:

Thanks

Jim

Hi @jimbodom, welcome to Public Mobile. 

You bought the SIM card from Wal-mart and they did not activate it in store, is that right?

When you're going through the activation process online, you're getting the 'invalid SIM' message when entering it - so, before you get to the payment step?

jimbodom

yes the number is entered correctly.

thanks

Jim

lukealex121

If you are positive that you have entered the SIM number correctly, and it still does not work, you may have to send a Private Message to the @CS_Agent, who could help you with this issue. Ensure you include the number from the SIM card you purchased. 

Need Help? Let's chat.