cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card

huifenCai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dear Sir / Madam: 

I just paid my plan, however , when I set up my iphone , the esim not match my phone , I need order a physical sim instead.

19 REPLIES 19

"I feel like stay in a big familly, everbody nice and kindly, help each others."

The best part about this family, we won't ask to borrow money or ask you to babysit the kids while we go out. 🙂

Welcome and remember we're always here to help.

huifenCai

Hi Every  commuity members and Every CS-Agents, I have a good news for you all! I am very happy now, I can log in My accont this moring ,and can use my phone make call and send txt messages. Without the help of so many enthusiastic community members and all CS-Agents, it is impossible to solve my problem with my own ability. Since I came from China, my old sim not compatible with Canadian standerd, that's creats a special problem, thanks to professional cs-Agent help me solving my problem. I like very much for the humanistic atmosphere of Public Mobile. I feel like stay in a big familly, everbody nice and kindly, help each others. I am sure I will referral all my friends join Public Mobile. Thanks for everybody again!

wish you all the best for ever!

Sevcan

Hello,

I understand your situation. If you're having trouble activating your new physical SIM due to verification code issues, follow these steps:

Contact Support: Reach out to Public Mobile's customer support and explain the problem with verification codes going to the wrong place.

Alternate Contact: Since you can't get codes, let them know you need an alternate method of communication.

Check Spam: Double-check your spam folder for codes.

Email Settings: Ensure your email settings are set to receive emails from Public Mobile.

Be Patient: Technical issues can take time, so stay patient while they work on a solution.

@huifenCai

I think you should just hang out here in the community whenever you have a little spare time. Before you swap to a physical Sim card you should check with customer support as it sounds like a glitch with your esim rather than your iPhone as it's compatible with esim.

You're braver then me.....trying out esim. I knew nothing about phones, computers and the internet in general before I switched to pm. After a crash course in 21st century technology and with lots of help and guidance from community members I'm practically an expert.

It's very empowering to gain the knowledge to figure out your own smartphone rather than be at the mercy of some agent on a telephone. You've already paid for 30 days give it the old college try at least?!! You can do it ! 😃

@huifenCai  You can list number out to cancel or turn off auto pay . Or get support to remove credit card info on file . But you can also get support to SIM card swap the number for you also and just stay with PM if your not able to log in 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@huifenCai 

You just need to know the troubleshooting trick. Eversafe will always send the first 6 digit code to your phone number. To get it to go to your email just enter a random "wrong" 6 digit code 4 times in a row. Click confirm after each different random code. Eversafe will then give you the  following options:

1. Email
  2. Voicecall ( Voicemail)
  3. SMS text

If you cannot get the email option then reset your password using the email option and repeat the process. Be sure to clear your browser cache and reboot your device after you reset your password. Report back if you still have an issue.

You can do it! 😀🐈👍

@huifenCai 

To cancel your PM service,

just port your number over to another carrier but you need to reply to the text with YES to complete the porting.

Or you need to login to your account and go to the Payment section and disable Subscribe button. Your account and service will be closed after 90 days of nonpayment.

Unfortunately, PM is a prepaid service so no refund.

huifenCai

Hi, community,

Very thanks for so many people try to help me solve my problem, unforturnatly, maybe, I do not have enough computer knowleges, now I give up. before I leave , I simply descaript my problem: My device is iphone 14, after I select the 15$ plan with esim, then I scaned QR and download the app,system said my phone do not support esim.

then I bought a physical sim at a store. during my active my sim, EverSafe sent 6-digits to my e-mail first ,I find the these number I go through, but EverSafe sent another 6-digits to somewhere I can not find, that's the problem I can not log in my account to active my sim.

@huifenCai 

This is a public forum so I suggest you remove your personal information or you could get a lot of spam.

During the activation of your SIM, creating a Eversafe ID is part of the process so you don’t need to be login to your account again to activate.

So could you please clarify what you are trying to do?

HI @huifenCai 

did you start the activation on the website and the nuse the app to complete the actxivation and unabe to complete?

you can submit a ticket with CS agent

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

At the same time, put the PM sim card and see if it connects

huifenCai

Hi, community, the EverSafe still do not sent 6-digits to my e-mail, so I can not log in to my account , as a result, I can not active my sim card.  By the way I can not find " did not get code?" messege.

@huifenCai  Please submit ticket with support 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

How to receive 2FA code via Public Mobile Phone app

KennethJAdams_0-1691868812116.png

Click on the Didn’t get the code? Before you do though, check the box on This is a trusted device so you never have to be asked for the 2 step again on the phone.

The next window that comes up is this.

KennethJAdams_1-1691868812025.png

You can choose either Send Email which will go to the email you registered with or Send Voice Message meaning it will call your number and ask you to push buttons. Best to send to email that you signed up with. This should work just fine.

huifenCai

Hi community,  I have bought a phsical sim this morning, I try to active it, but the same situation happen as yestoday, the Eversafe unstoply sent 6-digits to somewhere not my e-mail, and I sitll can not login to my account.

I should say, My old sim card came from China, and don't want to porting this number to public Mobile, so the only communicate way is through my e-mail:  xxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@huifenCai 

Strange because the iPhone is eSIM compatible so it should work.

Maybe contact the Apple Genius Store and check why eSIM isn’t working on your phone.

huifenCai

My iphone is 14, I have asked the agent if my phone can use esim, however, when I scan the QR, it said my phone does not work with esim. Thank you for your concern.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@huifenCai 

Did you check whether your iPhone is eSIM compatible before just clicking on free eSIM?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@huifenCai  What iPhone you have ? Any iPhone XR and later should work with eSIM . Anything before that yes get a physical SIM card and in your account profile page SIM card swap the number 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1691711101843.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

$4.99 on Amazon, directly from Public Mobile with 1-2 Day Prime Delivery. 

Once it arrived you can contact Customer Support to have it updated manually if you can't switch from e-SIM to Physical SIM in the Activation Process.

Public Mobile Prepaid SIM Prepaid Phone - (Universal/SmartPhones), Packaging May Vary https://a.co/d/4wCOnau

Need Help? Let's chat.