cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card provision

Drrod
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My sim card suddenly needs provisioning. It was working fine and now I get the "sim card needs provisioning" message.

I recently switched over to 5g and everything was working as it should.

I have turned airplane mode on and off, restarted the phone, removed and reinserted sim card but no change.

I tried the sim in another phone - no joy.

Fortunately, I have an eSim as well and it works fine so I am not "phoneless". However I would like to solve the issue.

BTW - and I don't know if it is related, but the 5g symbol has disappeared from the task bar. I can still download at 100+mps on cell data so things are good that way. Does 5g sometimes come and go?

Thanks for any suggestions. 

2 REPLIES 2

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Drrod 

There's a couple more troubleshooting tips you can try while you await  a response to your private message. Adding a manual payment to your account can trigger reprovisioning. If done thru self serve your only choice is to pay your entire plan payment unlike before when you could choose the amount and just add $1.

You can try making a payment by calling 611 and after entering your 4 digit account pin #.  You can choose one of the preset amounts....I believe the minimum may be $10? Of course any top up amount will just be used for your next renewal. Once you make a payment reboot your phone and see if you get the same message.

Suspending your service via lost/stolen also used to work as a reprovisioning method. Login. Suspend via lost stolen. Log out. Login ( you may have to get the verification code sent to your email if "trusted device" doesn't work.) Unsuspend via lost/stolen. Reboot your phone.*

*Using lost/stolen used to cause your $$ rewards to not apply automatically upon renewal. With the application of rewards moved to day 29 this glitch may have been fixed? I ha ent had the opportunity to retest if this still occurs so YMMV.

When you tried the Sim card in another phone did you try another Sim card in yours? If possible swap Sim cards with another carriers Sim card altogether. Or try a freedom Sim card active or even a deactivated one. Be sure to power off the phone(s) swap Sim cards. Power on. Send a text and make a call. Ensure the Sim card stays in the phone for a minimum of 10 minutes. Then power off, swap Sim cards back and power back on again. Any change?

Or just send a private message and wait til morning for a reply.

@Drrod wrote:

My sim card suddenly needs provisioning. It was working fine and now I get the "sim card needs provisioning" message.

I recently switched over to 5g and everything was working as it should.

I have turned airplane mode on and off, restarted the phone, removed and reinserted sim card but no change.

I tried the sim in another phone - no joy.

Fortunately, I have an eSim as well and it works fine so I am not "phoneless". However I would like to solve the issue.

BTW - and I don't know if it is related, but the 5g symbol has disappeared from the task bar. I can still download at 100+mps on cell data so things are good that way. Does 5g sometimes come and go?

Thanks for any suggestions. 

As you have already restarted your phone, you're probably going to need the help of a customer support agent.

Please open a ticket using the chatbot at 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If the chatbot doesn't work, a private message can be sent to CS_Agent.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.