cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card error

ethon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have changed from koodo to public mobile,and public sales guy has activated my sim and account at their sales counter. when I back and check the old sim card, I found the card in my phone and working is still the koodo's, so I put the sim of public in my phone, but it shows the card doesn't work. I turn off the phone and try many times,the result is same.

Only the old sim of koodo can work in my phone, the sim of public doesn't work in my phone!

But when I log on public account,I find my account has activated.

and my account of koodo has not been cancelled by koodo.the koodo has my usage after my activated my public sim.

what happens?

which network is I using right now?

5 REPLIES 5

Ajison
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i had the exact same experice as yours. it drove me nuts. i activated the public mobile sim, got a random number. then ported my koodo number over by using the self serve. and i received the email from koodo telling me that my service was cancelled. but when I inserted my public mobile sim, I couldn't make any outbound callings. login to "my account" on public mobile site, it showed my correct phone number in my profile. reinserted my koodo sim, it still worked. so it took about 12 hours for everything to go back to normal. my koodo sim stopped working, and my public mobile sim just started working. so just be patient. after 12 hours, you should email the mod team with the private message, including your account number, your phone number and the situation. good luck.

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

From what I can see is that you're porting your Koodo number to PM.

This takes a bit of time (upto 24 - 48 hours) and your account has be in good balance with Koodo (example: you don't owe money from missed payments/hardware etc.).

If everything is inline and you're number still hasn't ported after 24 hours; I would start reaching out to a mod (link).  It could be somethng that has gone wrong with the port (example: stuck in port).

Keep your Koodo account alive until the port is complete.

It's suppose to automatically cancel after porting; however, this didn't happen for me and I had to call my previous service provider to cancel.  Therefore, I recommend keeping an eye on your Koodo account and manually cancel if still active after port.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ethon 

In your self-serve, there's an option to Change SIM. It's also a way to see if the SIM # attached to the account matches the SIM card in your hand. Just don't Change SIM yet.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ethon  What's the make and model of your phone?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@ethonAre you porting an exisitng number over? Is it Koodo Prepaid? What do you mean SIM card error.. you mean there is No Service?

You should keep your Koodo account active until after the port has been completed.

What is happening now in theory during the port is your Public Mobile SIM card should be able to dial out and the person you call would see your phone number as your callerID. When someone call your number, it will still go to Koodo, until Koodo releases the number to Public.

Need Help? Let's chat.