cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card /account issue

r3dias
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought and activated a sim card, chose a plan and ported my old number on the website. My online banking says the fees for the phone plan and sim card went through yet I can't use my phone yet. What can I do to fix it?

11 REPLIES 11

r3dias

There was a glitch with my set-up and it just took public mobile a while to fix it.

From SIMON:

• koodoo prepaid.PNG
  • Does anyone know if it's too late go back and ask for a new number to get @r3dias going and then wait for moderator help to change his number. Assuming that would be better for him/her.

r3dias

24 hour update: still no service with public mobile. SIM card still not registered. Would be nice to receive an update on the progress to see if anything is happening with my account.

r3dias

I do not have outbound, the sim card on my account matches the physical sim card (last 4 digits at least) and my koodo plan was pre-paid. Still waiting on some form of confirmation from public mobile or someone to let me know when I can call or text

Anonymous
Not applicable

@r3dias wrote:

It was a plan with Koodo. I'll wait a couple more hours and see if that worked. 

You should have outbound.

As asked, Koodo prepaid or postpaid?

Edit: Go in to the self-serve and verify that the SIM # in the account matches your purchased SIM # (last 4 digits anyway).

r3dias

It was a plan with Koodo. I'll wait a couple more hours and see if that worked. 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@r3dias Seemed the porting has not been completed yet. Is your Koodo prepaid account? If this is the case, you may need to contact the moderator. However, you should receive a text from PM to notify you when porting is done. 

Try dialin @611. What happens?

Does you're phone say "no service?"

r3dias

I am porting from Koodo and when I dialed 611 it said, "Not registered on network.". I can't text or call on my new sim card. My old one still works.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@r3dias wrote:

I bought and activated a sim card, chose a plan and ported my old number on the website. My online banking says the fees for the phone plan and sim card went through yet I can't use my phone yet. What can I do to fix it?

@r3dias  Where are you porting from? Restart your phone and dial 611, wht happens. Porting is not immediate but you should be able to call out and send texts using your PM sim card until the port completes. Also, login to selfserve and check your payment history and plan details to make sure everything is normal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@r3dias wrote:

Calls in/out? Texts in/out? Internet browsing?

What works? What doesn't?

Usually for a port, the incoming doesn't connect right away. But you should be able to do outbound.

Is the phone unlocked? Is the phone compatible? Is the phone blacklisted?

Need Help? Let's chat.