cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim activation problem

atal80
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello.

I try to transfer my nomber ftom Tellus and I didn't get the activation code.

What I could  do?  Now the nomber isn't t working...

thank you

10 REPLIES 10

It could take up to 48 hours for a response, so please be patient. ..Click this to message moderator

Contact @Moderator_Team
It can take up to 48 hours for the team to respond to your concerns.

atal80

can you give me a moderator's nick name?

thank you

aridShrub
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You need to send a private message to the "moderator" and get ready for a 72 hour wait time for a response. Make sure you keep message short; and include a table with all the information- publicmobile (SIM, your plan, your email, your alternative phone) - your previous carrier (account number, EMEI, name as it appears) . You should be able to gain access to your publicmobile account if you put your old SIM back in phone, they will send you a text message at that number with a code. 

I had 2 phones with Telus, and I screwed up on one activation, I didn't put the new SIM card in the phone before I attempted to activate - kind of dumb, but there were no instructions to do so. It took me half a dozen attempts to figure out the form for a new account, every time I get "generic error" and just have to start over. 

They have no 2nd tier support, very rigid, 72 hour wait time on the forum. I am thinking of going to Koodoo next month if I can get the same price, I don't like the service model.

atal80

I coudn'd do it because it writes me that sim is activated already and I can't change number. 

It's really a problem- there is nobody to speak by phone. It should solve ve problem on 5 minites, and now I have a phone number between tellus and public mobile , and it's not works.

alexdang

Do you have your selfserve account at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca?

If you don't have now, please use Public mobile SIM to create an account and go to Change Number

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/msisdn-swap/ and choose option (Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider) then follow some simple steps to get your number in Public Mobile.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@atal80 wrote:

Hello.

thank you

What do you mean activation code? You mean to make self serve account?

atal80

myself.

The sim was working before transfer.

the sim is ok, the problem is with activation code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@atal80 wrote:

Hello.

thank you

Was this an in-store transfer? Or yourself?

Does your previous service still work with the previous SIM?

Need Help? Let's chat.