cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal strength has decresed in my home

Non_techi_user
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I live in Vancouver,  2 blocks from a TELUS tower, have been a PM customer for 3 years, when first signed up signal strength was good in my home.  after trial period things were so good....  my husband signed up  for PM.  I have iPhone 6 my husband has iPhone 8 .   Approx. 2-3 months ago we started to get voice mails on our phones without any ringing, didn't think mush of it but now we are averaging only 1 bar strength while in our home , it's iffy trying to call out, and calling in there is a big chance it will go straight to voice mail.   As we are driving around Vancouver we regularly have 3-4 bars, it just seems to  be in the house.  and it's just in the past few months.  we can be sitting in the same room and call each other , and it will go straight to voice mail, yet  the phones act fine while out side of the house

Any help would be appreciated.

16 REPLIES 16

Mitch15
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Iphone se in osoyoos, I can sit here switch it manually to 4G 2 bars mostly 1, switch it back to 3G 4 bars

Hib@Mitch15 which phone you have and where you are?

maybe try sim in another phone and test in different location 

Mitch15

Won’t download anything at times or very slow much quicker on 3G. 

Hi @Mitch15 sometimes signal bars are misleading.  Do you see slow download speed on LTE?? People could have 1 bar but still. good speed

Mitch15

I have the same issue ever since I switched from 3G to 4G. 2 bars of signal on 4G, switch phone to 3G 4 bars of signal ??

@darlicious wrote:

@Non_techi_user 

Try toggling airplane mode on/off when arriving home. You may be connecting to a different tower or have a poor connection. This will give you a brand new connection

This is great advise! Few times I lost connection coming of a GO train. Turning phone off/on resolved it... but you have to remember to check your phone once in a while...

@CFPartDeux wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@Non_techi_user 

I would start with a RESET of your NETWORK Settings on our iphones.

What can interfere with cell phone signal?

• Glass/windows. ..
  • Fiberglass insulation.

Those two would be presuming that the OP has changed something about their windows and/or insulation in the past 2 or 3 months, given that they've been PM customers for about 3 yrs.

@CFPartDeux  plausible to me.

I've previously lived MONTHS in pre/mid construction in a home. Never fun, and also good to be over with! 

😁

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@esjliv wrote:

@Non_techi_user 

• Glass/windows. ..
  • Fiberglass insulation.

Those two would be presuming that the OP has changed something about their windows and/or insulation in the past 2 or 3 months, given that they've been PM customers for about 3 yrs.

@Non_techi_user 

Knowing how much construction is going on in Vancouver these days if you look around your immediate neighbourhood it's likely that new construction has partially blocked your signal from the cell tower you normally connect to resulting in enough of a delay in your phone switching from 4G LTE to 3G for the call that it causes the call to go to voicemail. 

Non_techi_user

yes I know calls go to the tower, I was implying that we were proving that when a call was made, we knew for a fact it was not ringing. something we could prove over and over.

Non_techi_user

well forcing it into 3G seems to have solved the issues. we now have 3-4 bars again in our house. 

Not sure what they did to their service but the phones seem to be ringing with consistancy.

thanks

IF you are in different rooms...does not mean anything.......you call wife.....your call goes to tower then back to your wife. Not room to room. What kind of building are you in and what kind if building surround you?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Non_techi_user 

• Strain on bandwidth. The more apps you have on your phone, the more bandwidth it will require. ...
  • Mother Nature. ...
  • Glass/windows. ...
  • Network traffic. ...
  • Fiberglass insulation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Non_techi_user 

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit Here 

or Here 

if you still not working do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and if still not fix it please you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Service by CS_Agent. Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Service by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

Good Luck

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Non_techi_user 

Try toggling airplane mode on/off when arriving home. You may be connecting to a different tower or have a poor connection. This will give you a brand new connection perhaps with a better tower. If it is just calls affected try forcing your phone into 3G. You can still use data ( but you are probably on WiFi anyways) and text but calls will be unfettered from switching back and forth from the 4G LTE network.

Where in Vancouver are you ( cross streets)....I'm in Mount Pleasant. I could test if needed. 

Need Help? Let's chat.