cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal boosting

sal82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi. i just signed up to PM last night. and my in-home signal is pathetic. as soon as i step outside, i get good 4G speeds and good signal.

is there anything i can do to boost my signal in my home?

10 REPLIES 10

sal82

my xperia is the international version, which doesn't pick up 5g networks in north america. but i'm gonna install a custom OS soon, because sony won't be updating it.  so hopefully, i'll be using 5g with this phone in the near future.

HI @sal82 

i think the Sony Xperia 1iii is a good phone and have all the compatible PM bands

maybe it is really a local network problem

do you have problem with voice or data or both?

sal82

both. changing the network type didn't help either.

i have a sony xperia 1iii.

sal82

that's what i'm thinking as well...the environment. i was with rogers and i got barely got 2 bars with them as well.

i might need a signal booster.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @sal82 

what phone do you have?

you have problem at home with data only ? or voice? or both?

try changing to 3G only or WCDMA only when at home, does it help?

sal82

turning off automatic made it worse.

@sal82  You happen to be in the basement of the house and does  the house have a metal roof by any chance . I know for me when I go into my basement my phone will drop to 3G . My point here is it could be environmental 

sal82

yes i do have wifi at home. but i'm not just referring to accessing the internet. i get 0 to 1 bar constantly.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

There are several factors that can interfere with signals inside a home. Depending on how it's built and materials used. Try this. Go into your settings, network settings, turn off automatic and choose Public Mobile and reboot. See if that works.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@sal82  Do you not have wifi at home ? If so just use it as skate your data for when you’re away from home . But There are some signal boosters on Amazon that may help but I have no experiences with them 

Need Help? Let's chat.