cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service failure

deejay69
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday I switched my phone from Fido to Public Mobile with no issues. At 12:21 today I switched my wife's phone from Fido to Public Mobile and followed all the prompts, replied YES to Fido's SMS about transferring the number and here we are 5 hours later and my wife's phone is not working. I have gone through every troubleshooting rgimen provided on this god-forsaken chat line including network reset, removing and reinstalling the old SMS card but nothing works. Anyone have any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

deejay69

Both phones are working now. Thanks

deejay69

Your response was helpful

deejay69

I apologize for not responding to the suggestions from the community but the following should explain why. After three horrendous days I finally got both phones working properly with the assistance of several PM customer service agents. Both phones were operational at around 9:00 am PST today, October 5th.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @deejay69 

first, confirm if your sim was provisioned properly.  Make sure your wife sim can connect to PM network.  If not, try testing it on your phone, try Reset All Networks or Reset Network Settings

If it connects, confirm it can make outgoing call.  If it can, and just unable to receive incoming calls, then it is a porting issue.  There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

if it cannot connect at all, cannot make outgoing calls, then it is a sim card provisioning issue.  In this case you need to engage support here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is your phone working and still having your proper number?

You didn't say and it seems obvious but you have the new sim in your wifes phone right?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @deejay69 

first reboot the phone then check if her phone can connect and makes outbound calls? just not receiving inbound?

I will message you a number to call porting team and they can confirm the porting status. Check your Community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.