cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial number of phone with old service provider

makenzi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi.

trying to activate a new sim card; it's asking for the serial number from my old provider; that phone was lost long time ago; im bringing a new phone to PM.  what do i put under that question

5 REPLIES 5

@makenzi wrote:

Hi.

trying to activate a new sim card; it's asking for the serial number from my old provider; that phone was lost long time ago; im bringing a new phone to PM.  what do i put under that question

It's not actually the serial number being asked for, but actually the IMEI. This is only needed for number porting. Even then, unless you're coming from a carrier such as Speakout, you don't need it either. You can leave the IMEI blank and transfer in a phone number by using the old carrier's account number.

@makenzi Glad you resolved your issue. Before you go check if everything works.

Data, MMS picture text.

makenzi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thank you for this link;  Carlos was super helpful;  activation complete!

@makenzi  you don't have to put a serial number just your imei of your phone should do.

Dial *#06# on your phone to get IMEI.

Or activate by picking a new number and once account is created contact the moderators as @JoyLuck  instructed to transfer your number over. Open chat bot and type "Port Request" then follow the steps. Take note the number you're transferring over must be active and account in good standing to port to PM. Unless it's Telus or Koodo. Also maybe freedom let's you if it's within 10 days.

Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@makenzi wrote:

Hi.

Use the live online chat for activation. A rep will assist you.

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Need Help? Let's chat.